We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Tables (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

xxxRoyxxx
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of xxxRoyxxx
I posted in another area but I might get more replies here:
Can anyone direct me to someone that builds tables/stands for a stage act?
GrahamFishman
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of GrahamFishman
I said it once and I'll say it again. Build it yourself, you will be much happier with the outcome.

graham fishman
GrahamFishman
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of GrahamFishman
Sorry Roy, I just read your reply in the Polly Wants a Cracker section. Does your act already exist or do you plan on creating after you get the table? If that's the case, I wouldn't rush into getting a table right away. Instead, work on your act as much as you can so you can fully understand what your act will require and what you need in a table.

graham fishman
xxxRoyxxx
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of xxxRoyxxx
Graham, you seem to be the only person that replies. Do you know anyone that builds props? Need a place for my birds to be placed.
GrahamFishman
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of GrahamFishman
What do you want to do with the birds? Do you want an effect with the birds at the end or do you just want a perch for them? The vanishing cage seems to be everyones favorite. Proline makes a pretty sick vanishing cage. Don't listen to the idiots who tell you otherwise, however, I tend to stay away from my vanishing cage only because everyone and there mother does it.

Hope that helps.

graham fishman
xxxRoyxxx
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of xxxRoyxxx
Hey thanks. Sure, I thought about the cage but I feel the same way you do, plus I just don't feel like I want to vanish the birds. I just want a place they can fly to or stay at during performance.
GrahamFishman
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of GrahamFishman
In that case you can use anything. Try going to a homegoods store and looking around for ideas and just keep your mind open to differnt ideas.

graham fishman
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
For tables, contact David Charvet.
Patrick
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
If you just need a perch, then why not go to a pet shop and buy a perch? If your act is themed or if you need something more stylish then you can use a large variety of items, from rings to ladders to a tree. It's up to you. To transform a normal table into somewhere to stick your Doves you simply need a protruding stick from the edge, with a hinge or something like a drawer runner, or a table perch can be purchased from pet stores.

Good Luck
Paul
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
I have whittled most of the requirements for a full show down to multiple uses of a rolling table case. Denny Haney used to offer some very nice onces built by Chalet. Many dealers have the table cases. If this is what you want: get extra heavy duty casters on that sucker! You will thank me later.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
xxxRoyxxx
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of xxxRoyxxx
Thank you all for the replies... I was hoping someone could direct me to where I can find someone to modify or build a place where my birds could land. You know, something like what Frewin uses that has a cage-type place that rests on top. Well, if anyone else can point me in the right direction, let me know. Thanks
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
858 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Hi Roy,

Contact Doug Malloy at Malloy Modern Magic. They are closed until January 2, but they can make a beautiful custom table for you. Tell him I told you to contact him.

Lou Leventhal
xxxRoyxxx
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of xxxRoyxxx
Thank you Lou, will do.
The Funny Titan
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of The Funny Titan
Viking has a good stage table, and you can easily add a perch for your birds check on their website.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
How about having a little bird house that is constructed on a tray with a stand high above the table. That way the tray would help you prevent any bird droppings on your table. The birds would also have a bird enough landing place and the little house gives a good dressing for your act. Instead of the little house you can also have a small little cage too. They just act as a dressing for the table.

Just an idea that may help you.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13415 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Doug Malloy or Tabman tables might be a good choice, as well.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Funny Titan
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of The Funny Titan
I saw a "The Table Book book" on ebay, I believe it ends today if I find the correct link, I'll post on here soon.
Keith Brown
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
91 Posts

Profile of Keith Brown
I have a custom cabinet maker that makes quality stuff with wood. He has done some beautiful work for me and is willing to make tables for other magicians.
~Dr. Keith Brown
<BR>"The Master of Mystery"
<BR>www.KeithBrownMagic.com
<BR>
www.TheInvisibleMagicShop.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I also know one, Keith. It saves me a lot of money. Roy, if you can find a local person, I would advise you to go to him to save a lot of money. If the table you are looking for requires a lot of gimmicked requirement, then keep your search on The Magic Café.
xxxRoyxxx
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of xxxRoyxxx
Thanks to All for their replies-Roy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Tables (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL