The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Playing card review site in the works (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
Since the site I used to visit for information about playing cards is now gone (I think it was called 'Cards For Magic') I have started making a new site to at least partially fill that gap.

I will not review a ton of rare decks that I do not have, but rather a segment of what is available online. Hopefully I will be able to include more decks from outside the US than what one commonly finds in a magic shop online. Although at present I only have a couple of European decks and none from say... Asia. There has to be hidden gems out there, I'm sure.

I will also focus more on the esthetics of deck designs for people like myself who are on the lookout for good looking cards as well as durable and smooth to use ones.

Hopefully this won't be one of my 3 billion other projects that were never finished. (Some actually were so there is hope). To begin with I have received around 20 different decks from online magic vendors. The next step will be to go and have these electronically measured for thickness. I have also (only just) started on the site design.

What I want to know from you is what features you would like to see in such a site. What information do you miss when you see cards for sale online? For example... is it relevant how easy they are to fan or faro straight out of the pack? Gaff availability? Surface? Or is a general allover subjective feel of the cards combined with scans and a description good enough? History maybe?

All opinions welcome! And no promises offered as to what I will actually implement. Smile
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Playing card review site in the works (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL