We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Jimmy Ray Torn & Restored Newspaper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ony Carcamo
View Profile
Special user
Manila, PHILIPPINES
610 Posts

Profile of Ony Carcamo
Hi. As Christmas gift I got a Jimmy Ray Newspaper tear. The package read it's the "Jimmy Ray's Lightning Fast" newspaper tear.

It's essentially the Anderson tear BUT with a twist on how to attach the gimmick. I liked it, and the method of reset is really fast. Trick producer and great magician Dan Tong emailed me and said, "It was a take off of the Anderson paper tear....However for the worker it is easier and faster to to make up..." I believe that's true. Dan uses this method regularly.

If you REALLY like the Anderson tear but is having a hard time resetting, this method can be a great alternative. This is the CLOSEST thing to the classic Anderson tear, but with just a simpler gimmick attachment.

Dan Tong even taught me a method where you can hand the Newspaper first to the audience for inspection. Afterwards, tear it--then restore it! That way you START REALLY CLEAN!

I own several newspaper tears, and now I think, along with the Baxt method--this can also become my favorite.

Anybody here tried this one?
Ony Carcamo
PHILIPPINES

www.onycarcamo.com
Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
Sounds great! I like to get one.
Where did you get your Jimmy Ray Newspaper Tear, and what was the price?
Thanks.
Ony Carcamo
View Profile
Special user
Manila, PHILIPPINES
610 Posts

Profile of Ony Carcamo
Directly from Dan Tong. I think $10. Here's the link:

http://www.magicbypauline.com./product%20list.html

If you want the method where you can hand the paper first to the audience before tearing it (though it's not really necessary), you may need a TDC holdout which you can also buy from there.
Ony Carcamo
PHILIPPINES

www.onycarcamo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Jimmy Ray Torn & Restored Newspaper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL