The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Tips for blowing out an egg? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Use an egg blower: http://www.hearthsong.com/hearthsong/pro......-NA-_-NA That way you do not have to worry about sore jaws.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I usually blow out 18 at a time. I have found that if I blow out a large number and store them a while, the shells will dry out and not crack properly when in use. They even sound different. If you have found this problem as well, and don't like preparing just a few at a time, you can place the egg you plan to use in a small plastic container and fill it with water. If you do this several hours in advance it seems to help re-moisturize the egg and they crack properly.
Daniel Faith
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
How bad does a blown out egg break? I bought 6 of em from Denny and Lee's, and I am planning on doing the Malini Egg Bag routine in my restaurant work. I can see it now... Smile

Steven
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20534 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Steven,

You are probably safe but check out local health department requirements before using real blown eggs at the tables where there is food being served. If it matters, it could be an expensive surprise.

Some places require balloon pumps no matter how good your lungs are! Health department regulations can be strange.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Juniper587
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Juniper587
For help on blowing out eggs you can get the charlie miller book from Denny's
Flying Magus
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Flying Magus
Quote:
On 2007-01-27 16:29, Daniel Faith wrote:
I usually blow out 18 at a time. I have found that if I blow out a large number and store them a while, the shells will dry out and not crack properly when in use. They even sound different. If you have found this problem as well, and don't like preparing just a few at a time, you can place the egg you plan to use in a small plastic container and fill it with water. If you do this several hours in advance it seems to help re-moisturize the egg and they crack properly.

What are you cracking it for?
Magically yours,

Michel Fouché
Believe in the Impossible
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20534 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Michael,

There are times when using a blown egg as a real egg makes sense. Two routines that immediately come to mind are Candy Factory and Dove Pan (saves clean up for reset).

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
And Ink to Goldfish.
Daniel Faith
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
After I blow my eggs, I put them in the microwave for ten secons or so a few times, to dry out the insides, which I hope are already cleaned out of most of the yolk and white from shaking some water inside.

And Daniel, I'd love to hear how you incorporate the egg into Ink To Goldfish. The mix of the two reminds me of the Cadbury Egg ad with the bunny that clucks like a chicken Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Tips for blowing out an egg? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL