The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Joe Millionaire (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I'm not big on Reality TV or Television in general, but tonight I'm glued to the set. Front row please!
FOX TV brings us JOE MILLIONAIRE. They take 20 women and bring them to believe Joe is worth 50 Million $. Played up with all the trappings of a millionaire lifestyle. They then reveal Joe is a 19K a year construction worker. Smile

I'm sure the look on those gals will be priceless. Smile

I'm curious to find which of the twenty will claim, untill the end, that she's not after the money. Afterall there are plenty of 19K a year guys out there in all industries! I'm sure the contestants just haven't found the right 19K a year guy and figured he might be wrapped in 50mil. Yeah that's it! Smile Smile Smile

I can't wait. LOL!

Randy Stewart
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1828 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
It is my opinion that these "Reality" shows are mis-named. They bear no resemblence to reality at all. Instead, they are voyeur shows. We peek into the mostly pathetic lives of people looking for their 15 minutes. The only show I have really cared for was The Amazing Race. Seemed to be more of a sporting event to me, which is where my interests lie.

Kevin
http://www.livingillusions.com
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Bilwonder
View Profile
Veteran user
Oroville CA
327 Posts

Profile of Bilwonder
You can guess the sequell. "Sex-bomb Jane." 20 guy are after the heart a a bombshell beauty...only to find out it's a transvestite!
billswondershow.com
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
Timothy
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama, USA
174 Posts

Profile of Timothy
Ugh. This is what television has become. Predictable too? How will the show end? Will money really matter?
-Magical Tim
Magical Tim's Magic Shows
[email]tim@magicaltim.com[/email]
"Magic is a vanishing art!"
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
The only one I watched from start to end was Boot Camp don't know why but I liked it.

SAVE THE DRAMA FOR YOUR MAMMA AND PUSH ~ That line still cracks me up. Smile
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10625 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Did you see Joe when he tried to get back on the horse?? That should have told these 20 gold diggers that Joe is a real stiff.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Paul Menzel
View Profile
Special user
Boise, Idaho
530 Posts

Profile of Paul Menzel
I'm surprised you watch/support Fox after their attacks on magic!

Like Kevin, I enjoy The Amazing Race. It's like a travel ad, visiting all those exotic places. If I weren't ineligible, I'd consider trying to get on the show.

As for Joe Millionaire, the women's reaction should indeed be "priceless," though I have no intention of watching for myself.
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Well, if these twenty women are so desperate for a husband that they will 'compete' on national television and make fools of themselves, I think they deserve whatever they get!

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Mr A
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Mr A
Quote:
On 2003-01-08 00:41, Margarette wrote:
Well, if these twenty women are so desperate for a husband that they will 'compete' on national television and make fools of themselves, I think they deserve whatever they get!

Margarette

I don't think they are desperate for a husband, they are going for the gold.
Mr. Ed
View Profile
Veteran user
California
337 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ed
Quote:
On 2003-01-08 00:26, Paul Menzel wrote:
Like Kevin, I enjoy The Amazing Race. It's like a travel ad, visiting all those exotic places. If I weren't ineligible, I'd consider trying to get on the show.

I don't understand, what makes you ineligable?

Am the only one that thinks that maybe the audience is being swindled with Joe Millionaire. I have not watched a second of the show and know next to nothing of it. I did however hear that he lives in Southern California and works for a construction company. Even non-english speaking day labourers make more than $9 an hour in the construction industry of Southern California. There must be more to his story financially.
He who laughs, lasts.
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
369 Posts

Profile of Bill
Good Point,Ed. This guy can operate heavy equipment and is landscaping. There's no way this guy is doing this kind of work for $9.00 an hour. Closer to $25 to $30. If you've ever hired a landscaper in So. Cal you know that Ferrari's are cheaper.

I think we've been had. He probably did inherit the 50 mil and the jokes on the viewer. Smile
rkrahlmann
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of rkrahlmann
Even if he didn't inherit $50 million, I doubt Fox is going to let the happy couple walk away empty handed.
Here's my guess as to what will happen: several of the women will bail when they are told he only makes $19,000 a year (and yeah, I agree that if he's making that much, he's only working a couple of days a week). A lot of screen time devoted to petty golddiggers. One of the women says they love him anyway, and will still marry him. Then as a wedding present, Fox gives the happy couple a million dollars.
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Sounds, er, different? Try putting a group of rather uninspired 20-somethings in a house, and witness their banal conversations, see them pick their noses and hear them break wind. Yes, these are the ingredients for a top UK show called Big Brother (the last one remaining after the others have been voted out is the winner) and the big fat blonde one with a voice that sounds like Eliza Doolittle vomiting, becomes a TV 'star'. Yuk! Yes, what has become of TV Timothy? Smile
Peedlkyle
View Profile
New user
I live in my house
98 Posts

Profile of Peedlkyle
Reality TV is getting so boring. I admit it, I watched Survivor, I watched American Idol, I watched Amazing Race, I even tried out this "Surreal Life" they're advertising now. I must say I did like Survivor's first two seasons. And i still enjoy Amazing Race. But now that AR is gone, and Survirvor unbearable to view, I'm sticking with CSI from now on. I love that show. Smile
On the other hand, you have different fingers.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10625 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
ENDING ...
hook Joe millionere up with the Bachorlette, then they both ride into the sun-set on on Joes Horse,,,, If he can stay on...
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
I wish on these shows like the bachelor/ette, joe mill, etc.. that they'd have normal looking people! These girls are all models! and on the balcholorette--maybe 2 guys couldn't be models.
Let's have REALITY TV be REAL REAL...I want bald guys, cottage cheese thighed women, geeky people--people I hung out with in highschool!
HEY! Variety is the SPICE of LIFE!!!

PS) I LOVE the AMAZING RACE!!!

Ellen
harryandersonfan.com
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
"I want bald guys, cottage cheese thighed women, geeky people"

Wow, that's a LOT of magicians for one show!
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26985 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
hi randy, ellen (et al)

I too find the 'reality' a bit skewed on TV. To make it through the day, I plan my watching and let the TiVo manage the TV.

Later, it's all there for review. This way the 'thrill' of whatever sorry attention grabbers are offered is gone and the material can get whatever attention it derserves. The commericials are likewise given due attention.

How's that for taking some control over your reality? You can do this too.

Now, if there were some software to manage the shot by shot to rearange the captures, one might compose their own programming.

Reality is whatever you make it. Got any ideas?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Randy, Hate to admit it but I too watched the show. Truthfully I'm hoping that at least one of the women will say "you don't have 50 million?'' "It's okay I like you anyway". Well you know where this is coming from right?I mean after all I did break up with a guy once that made a 100 grand a year cause he didn't like my dog. I mean some of us have our priorities right!! Smile
Grandpa Kadabra
View Profile
New user
Utah
9 Posts

Profile of Grandpa Kadabra
Smile Chrystal, I like your dog.

(But I'm married.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Joe Millionaire (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL