The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Acid monte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Spackle666
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Spackle666
Acid monte madness? Has anyone heard of this effect. Christian Chelman mentioned it (or something similar) in his book Capircorn Tales under his effect the Medici game. I know there are a lot of issues here in the Café with Danger effects, but with those issues put aside, I would love any information about any acid/poison tests/montes that nay members have or a least a finger in the right direction to find said info.
"it's bad luck to be superstitious."
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
I have one in my book....called "Zombi Powder"...

and yes Christian's has one of the best I've ever read...

no danger needed whatever with any of the variations Ive come across...

Baba
scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
Byrd and Coats have a pretty cool trick called Bloody Mary Monte with a razor blade, 3 shot glasses and bloody mary mix.
their method could be adapted to other dangerous objects, but not acid.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Stephen Minch has a wonderful AM routine as well, I believe it is in Mind over Matter, but I could be mistaken. There are also several commercial products out there, look at the magic shops.

Additionally, many of us who have been around for a while, have come up with variations of our own.

Tony
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
2986 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
You may also want to consult Osterllind's Stainless Steel Blindfold Book.

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), both at Penguin.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1378 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
There's a completely safe acid routine in Marvin Kaye's Handbook of Mental Magic.

Barry
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
340 Posts

Profile of TEB3
And, in the soon to be re-released Big Book of BOO, there is an "imaginary" acid/drink the poison test that is very simple.

Lary/TEB3
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
There is also Mr. Parr's dinner with the Borgia's in Brain Food I seem to recall. A very fun twist on the acid/poison monte, using several spectators-100% safe!
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Kaytracy,
Speaking of the above routine, "Dinner with the Borgia's"; it's fantastic! Quite a piece from Mr. Parr. Michael Fraughton performed this one awhile back in our theatre show. Beautiful and what great impact!

I really like this one.

J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Spackle666
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Spackle666
Thanks guys. More information than I expected.

Cheers

-T.
"it's bad luck to be superstitious."
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
714 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Sorry to revive an older thread - but I just got my hands on Christian's "Capricornian Tales" recently and am obsessed. A new door has been unlocked.

I love this story and the premise of "The Game of Medicis", however, has anyone had any luck finding a container and vials similar to the ones photographed in the book?

Those just look too perfect.

I know 95% of the joy comes from the hunt of these magical items... just curious as to what others have been using to hold the deadly acid.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
ghostgaff
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
106 Posts

Profile of ghostgaff
Try eBay, and look in any antique stores you find. I have gotten Capricornian tales and Hauntiques in the last year, and have gon on a quest for such items myself. Finging any item in particular though is a bit of a matter of luck with being in the right place at the right time to buy the item.

P.S. Does anyone know where I would find the chemical for acid Monte?
"The prince of darkness is a gentleman"-
"All the world's a stage, and the people merley actors."-
Shakespeare
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3800 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On 2009-07-20 14:21, illusioneer wrote:
Sorry to revive an older thread - but I just got my hands on Christian's "Capricornian Tales" recently and am obsessed. A new door has been unlocked.

I love this story and the premise of "The Game of Medicis", however, has anyone had any luck finding a container and vials similar to the ones photographed in the book?

Those just look too perfect.

I know 95% of the joy comes from the hunt of these magical items... just curious as to what others have been using to hold the deadly acid.

If you find those but they don't make a different sound, you can easily "fix" that yourself...
Nowadays, I use the routine as an opener for the Dhampire Protocols.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Acid monte (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL