We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bicycle Vintage Series 1800 (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Actually I should have said "printed" not "painted." All the coloration is printed in, then the card finish was applied. There is no difference in feel whatsoever.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
From Florida but all over US now....
294 Posts

Profile of donkeys and waffles
Thanks, that was a concern, seems like they may feel like a grabby feel to them. Good to know, the Invisible deck would be real nice. I am too lazy to spray a deck but I am sure they will come out with one in good time. Thanks again
3 people can keep a secret if two of them are dead... Benjamin Franklin
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2951 Posts

Profile of niva
Thanks Jessiah! Smile My next convention will probably be the IBM/SAM one.

And great idea Mr. Dela.
Yours,

Ivan
LegendaryEgos
View Profile
Elite user
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
471 Posts

Profile of LegendaryEgos
Dave V,

Awesome detailed review! I didn't even notice the backs like you did. I did notice they all looked different but that is great! I bet that Ellusionist will take heed to what you said about making a marked deck and put one together.

Great job!

Marc

PS Brad Christian has posted on this thread so I am sure he will see your review!
nukraze
View Profile
New user
NJ
75 Posts

Profile of nukraze
I got myself a few decks of these, and while I was waiting for them to arrive I set about making a leather case for them. I've seen some leather card cases before, but all I've seen have been black, so I got myself some brown leather and set to work. I attached a picture of what I have so far, all that is left is to toss the case around a bit to give it an "old" look, and then I have nothing to worry about with the card box, although I do hate covering its "beauty". Let me know what you think.

Click here to view attached image.
LegendaryEgos
View Profile
Elite user
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
471 Posts

Profile of LegendaryEgos
Nukraze...

That is sweet! Now that is a magician...figure out how to solve a problem!

Great job!

Marc

PS you should sell those!!
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I used the two advertising cards to solve the modern printing problems with this deck[bar code,zipcode,flap printing etc.]
I carefully cut the ad cards to fit the dimentions of the sides,bottom and flap.I eliminated all borders on the cut outs,and used a glue stick to attach them,thus covering up all modern printing.

Now the card box looks like something from the 19th Century with the red Bicycle pattern all around and NO modern printing.It actually turned out better than I expected. Smile
I also used slightly diluted tea extract to color tint the GLARING whiteness of the box interior.I also brushed some on the card edges so they don't look so fresh.

Best.

Rich
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2007-01-04 22:52, Mercury52 wrote:
For those worried about the barcode and logo, why not cover it with some opaque tape? Could work even better if you bang the box around a bit first. It's so old, it has to be taped together...

Kevin

There was another thread about these, I suggested going to a stamp shop and finding a foreign stamp and just pasting it over the bar code like a tax stamp or something
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
LegendaryEgos
View Profile
Elite user
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
471 Posts

Profile of LegendaryEgos
PaleoMagi...

great idea! I am going to try that.

Marc
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I unsuccessfully tried to attach a couple of photos to a post here.If you would like to see my altered 1800 card box,just PM me with your e-mail address.

Best.

Rich
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7334 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Are these available in Blue stock?
templetrickster
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania, USA
105 Posts

Profile of templetrickster
Great stamp idea-i'll have to try that
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1071 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Even with the minor inconsistancy of a bar code and perfect edges, these are a must have. I love em'.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7334 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2007-01-09 04:02, pegasus wrote:
Are these available in Blue stock?
magicday
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magicday
No.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2837 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Danny Archer markets a trick called "The Grandpa Deck"
(think along the lines of the trick called PHIL)
Anyway the patter in the instructions talk about a Grandpa who remembered the
names of his children and grandchildren by writing their names on the backs of cards. This deck would be perfect for Danny Archer's routine.
check out http://www.dannyarcher.com/grandpadeck.htm
you can easily adapt the vintage deck to fit this.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
wolfsong
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of wolfsong
I have been playing with this deck for a week or so and 2 things I noticed. One the boxes seen to fall apart rather quickly much quicker than most boxes and while this may work with the look of the deck the inside of the box is not aged and the clean white inside look strange in an aged box. Also when you tear a card in half a white powdery stuff kinda puffs out. anyone else notice any odd stuff with this deck?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I haven't torn up any cards so I haven't seen the white powder thing happen. I did notice that they're a bit "waxy" feeling. It causes them to drag against each other a bit making even a simple overhand shuffle difficult to control. It reminds me of the feel of a deck after applying fanning powder. I've been experimenting with making a stripper deck out of these and this drag makes stripping very difficult to control.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2837 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On 2007-01-10 22:50, davidpaul$ wrote:
Danny Archer markets a trick called "The Grandpa Deck"
(think along the lines of the trick called PHIL)
Anyway the patter in the instructions talk about a Grandpa who remembered the
names of his children and grandchildren by writing their names on the backs of cards. This deck would be perfect for Danny Archer's routine.
check out http://www.dannyarcher.com/grandpadeck.htm
you can easily adapt the vintage deck to fit this.

I posted the above quote and I am in error. Although the Granpa Deck is a great effect you "cannot" easily adapt the Vintage Deck. It would take at least 26 decks unless they come out with a one-way deck. If Ellusionist does, I will most certainly get it to do the Danny Archer effect. Sorry for the mistake.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
MikeMetal2006
View Profile
Regular user
Anchorage, Alaska
111 Posts

Profile of MikeMetal2006
I really love the vintage series cards!!! I bought 3 packs and it was the best 22 dollars I have ever spent!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bicycle Vintage Series 1800 (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL