The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Book of Revelations by Labanon Circle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Ridgeland, MS
588 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
And speaking of From Hell, Dan posted a real nice alternative presentation someone came up with in the From Hell section in the Forum. You have to own the routine though to get access to the From Hell section. It allows you to end with two completely separated piles. Not half and half.

Alton
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
910 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Just joined! so if you've any questions just pm or e-mail me!

Dan

aka

Lebanon Circle
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Welcome Dan, great to have you here... and I'm in love with your fairy...

V
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
That didn't sound too great did it?
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
910 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Thanks!

I'm going to start making them, I'm wondering is there would a good effect that would go with a mummified fairy?!
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Ridgeland, MS
588 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Quote:
On 2007-03-22 22:32, Gede Nibo wrote:
THAT MAGE RULES............WHYFORE HAS HE NOT joined the likes of us? or has he??

Baba you ask and you shall receive.Smile Glad I could help.

Thanks for joining us Dan.

Alton
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Hi Dan, I can think of many uses for the fairy, could her tiny hand be made flexible enough to hold something, a billet, card or item of jewellry?

There's also a seperate thread about her in this form and the Mentalism forum, in case we are straying off topic...

V
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I have just ordered the Jack the Ripper combo - I am dying to use them... plys, as people mentioned, Dan is excellent to deal with!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
The fairy looks very interesting also Dan. Do you happen to know when you will be completed with the first batch? I thought I would save you the bombarding of so many emails and this way others interested may see all at once.

PS: I see it now V, heading over to that forum:)

Candini
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I just put my order in for the Book of Rev. I have several ideas I want to play with using this one. Part of an overall Poltergeist act that plays well for children of all ages.....
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hi all - I got the Jack the Ripper Combo today....

1) Dan is a great person - easy to deal with - fast responses - willing to do custom work on items... and wow - once the book was ready, it flew over the pond faster than a vampire bat on crystal-meth toxic blood....

2) The Book - excellent - what a nice clever idea.... really very cool... and the spec can pretty much examine the book... plus the book is fun to read... you can probably use it for a book test as well Smile... very smooth card rise under your control at all times.... also should give buyers great ideas for gimmicking up other objects if you set your mind to it...

I got out my poker-sized Tarot deck to use with it... nice... nice... hee hee

3) The Bloody victim card set - NICE! It is clear LC enjoys taking time to make their props look authentic - and these are wonderful - creepy and excellent - real clear instructions... this is great...

LC really does quality work and great professional service. Highly recommended for Jaqui the Ripper-philes...

I plan to use the Whitechapel/Homicide series as well and some other goodies to do the ol' immortal sorcerer Redjac act...

Fun!

Thanks Dan!

Dr S
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Doc

I suggest you look at Doug's web site, don't let your fingers do the walking, have them run.

Tony
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I know... I know... I am a Higleyobjectd'bizarreophile
JonWhite
View Profile
Loyal user
London
284 Posts

Profile of JonWhite
Hi all. A quick question if I may...

Must you be holding the book to control the card rising, or can the rise be started and controlled from a distance?

Thanks,
Jon.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Take a look at the video on the Lebanon Circle web site. Then you'll be seeing as much as Dan is comfortable exposing before your actual purchase.

I will say that I just took delivery of my 'Book of Revelations' and I couldn't be more pleased with what I've received.

I ordered this effect along with Dan's 'From Hell' effect, with the book being a special order of the Ripper biography.
I waited a little longer as Dan had to first go out and find a copy of the book, but it was worth the wait for an integrated effect like a Card Rise and the 'From Hell' card effect.

The great thing about these two effects is that they are both seriously hand crafted. This is something not often seen these days, and if you're a magician who appreciates super authentic looking props, these fit the bill perfectly.

My eyes lit up when I saw the method on the card rise. It's a winner, and one that I certainly didn't guess at prior to the effect arriving on my doorstep. No lame hook ups to contend with either. The book defies detection, and although I'd not ever offer it out for inspection, if it's asked for I wouldn't hesitate to show it to folks. The 'work' is for all intents and purposes, invisible.

The 'From Hell' prop is far more authentic than I had anticipated it would be. A LOT of hand work goes into one of these decks.
Being a long time practitioner of the basic OOTW effect underlying this trick, it's a cinch to pull this off and get stunned reactions from those taking part.
Followed up with two of the Ripper cards rising from the 'Revelations' effect makes it play far larger than just a deck of cards and a book.

Lebanon Circle has a great reputation among magi, and after taking delivery of these two effects, it's obvious why that reputation is so strong.
Both effects are HIGHLY reccomended.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Here here, Silverking!

Plus - an unexpected bonus - the book itself is worth reading and full of items that should trigger your imagination on what to add in in terms of ambience, texture items etc. for a Jack the Ripper seance/act....

In fact, letting the book sit around during the act and letting specs glance through it - or asking them to read various passages etc. helps sell the book as just a book - until you whammy them with it...

Good evil art!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Tony: Doc Spector will be recieveing his Dark Museum Ripper Evidence...he is a completist.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I understand. Damm bird stole my eye!
Probably because of the puns in my Raven routine!

On second thought, something smells here. Are you sure it was a raven and not Canadian Geese? Something is afoot with the eye, but I just can't put my finger on it. But it smell's like Spektor's doing.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I like to refer to the Candian goose as some of our First Nations people call them - the Wawa bird.

The reason they are called the wawa bird is that they say....yep..."wawa"

They are great for comedy bizarre magick and mentalism where after a droll punch-line is delivered... your assitant wawa bird says "wa waaaaa"

"How many eyes does it take redjac to pave his driveway?"

"Depends how thin you slice them"

"wa waaaaaaa"

Oooo..da smell.

Hence why I don't do comedy mentalism.

I plan to use the ripper-eye trophy to have a spectator "receive" the last image the victim saw before she died Smile

"wa waaaaa"

Actually, it was Curious Georgio who stole your eye, Tony - you didn't give him enough bananas

"eeek eeek"

"wa waaaa"

Ok- clearly I need to catch up on my sleep

Doug! Since you have 2 Jacks already - here is another one for you to ponder making some items (which I will not describe) - for Spring-Heeled Jack!

"SPROING"

"eeeek eeeek"

"wa waaaaaa"

----------------------------------------
Seriously - between this wonderful Ripper Set with the Ripper Book and evil photographs, Doug's ensemble, a few Outlaw items, some bloody handprints and seance methods - you can create one rock-em-sock-em Redjac Routine that will be remembered with fear and terror!
Gotama
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Gotama
Dr. Spektor,

The Wa waaa's stop if your goose is cooked.

How about producing a loon (flapping wings and all) from ice (rather than just a loonie from center ice).

Stuart
I asked the boy beneath the pines.
He said, "The master's gone alone herb picking,
somewhere on the mount,
cloud hidden,
whereabouts unknown."
(Chin Tao, 777-841, trans. by Alan Watts)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Book of Revelations by Labanon Circle (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL