The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Insurance? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2696 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
It's been suggested here that buskers should have liability insurance, just to be on the safe side. Question is, where would an average busker find such insurance, and how much would he be expected to pay for it?
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
If you're an IBM, or possibly SAM, member, group insurance can be purchased by members. It all depends on the projected dollar amount you expect to make for the year. This is one time bragging about your hat doesn't help. Smile

Liability coverage (1 million per occurrence, 2 million aggregate per event) can be had for as low as $111/year.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13348 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I got insurance for a gig in just 2 hours by joining the World Clown Association.
I even got a patch in the mail to prove it.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Mine is thru Clowns of the US. This is Al Fellerman's old company, and his daughter, Stefanie Weiss, runs it now. I have US$3,000,000.00 worth for around $180 a year.

Paddy
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2696 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Ah, so no "independent" groups willing to insure buskers, huh? Oh well, time to renew the SAM membership...again!
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I had a local insurance company quote me something like $700 for a years worth of performer's insurance. You're just not going to beat the group rates already mentioned.

-JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
Learn JoeJoe's secrets at Magic Joint dot com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Insurance? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL