The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Color Monte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JSMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston
202 Posts

Profile of JSMagic
For any of you who are thinking of getting street magic, I highly suggest color monte. I just got it an hour ago and I'm already looking like a pro-Best part is, its cheap and it looks great! Josh
If a magician is not intending to "trick" a spectator, why is every "trick" called a magic "trick"?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Smile Good luck with that Josh

koz
Bfrancabandera
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Bfrancabandera
I agree Josh, Color Monte was the first card trick that I learned. It is not too difficult to learn and it gets a great reaction. I recently had to do a speech for my Communications class. The topic of my speech was how I became interested in the art of magic. There are only about 15 people in my class, I did Color Monte for them and now I am known as "The Magic Man." I Love it. Smile
EranRaven
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of EranRaven
Do guys get different reaction when you use the packet cards over regular cards?
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Color monte is a great trick. It isn't very good for a street performance though. It's much better for walk around or table to table work.

Harry Anderson's new three card monte on the other hand is a GREAT trick for the street.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
I always did color monte with normal cards, a joker, queen, and a blank with handwritten $14 on it. I didn't like the magic shoppy look of the printed color spot cards.

I never used Color Monte on the street, but I used it a lot in trade shows which is a very similar situation. I used jumbo cards, the Joker, Queen of Diamonds, and a Blank Face card which i used with the Company's logo. "It's a good thing you can't lose with...Douglas Battery!"

The jumbo cards would work well on the street I think. The Blank Card could have a monetary amount, or the performer's name on it.

The routine moves at a nice clip, and is one of the few story tricks in which the story adds to, rather than gets in the way of, the trick.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
I agree with Whit. Bigger is better in this case.

I would also change the handling so that the trick could be done at chest level with the faces aimed at the audience.

People will not pay for what they can't see.

Best,

Dan-

Just what the doctor ordered:

Jumbo Color Monte cards are available here. It would probably make a pretty good street trick with the bigger cards. Laminated and Stripped no less to eliminate 'the' move.

http://www.cardsbymartin.com/

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I agree with Whit. There is an odd feeling amongst people when they see colored spots. I like the idea of making your own $14 card. I'm just using the packet $14 card, king of clubs, and ace of diamonds. It is a very nice contrast. In my own opinion that is. Smile
debaser
View Profile
Special user
Boulder
557 Posts

Profile of debaser
Hi Whit.

Niel at cards by martin makes jumbo color montes with the cards stripped to make the move easier with jumbo cards. (absolutely brilliant)

Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Color Monte (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL