The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » TeslaVision is coming soon.. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
It was there ealier I looked at it
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Not again. Smile
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
Quote:
On 2007-01-29 16:50, RIVARDJLR wrote:
Great news TeslaVision is in now :

http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/full/Magic-T......4445.htm

Read this:

Nikola Tesla was a world-renowned Serbian-American inventor and physicist who is best known of his revolutionary work in the field of electricity and magnetism in the late 19th and early 20th century. Telsa's patents and theoretical work form the basis of modern alternating current electrical power systems (AC) - including the AC motor which helped usher in the Second Industrial Revolution.

He was probably first introduced to most magicians in the recent film “The Prestige” as a character portrayed by Davie Bowie. In the United States, Tesla's fame in the scientific community probably rivals that of any other inventor or scientist in history or popular culture. After his demonstration of wireless communication in 1893 and after being the victor in the "War of Currents", he was widely respected as America's greatest electrical engineer. Much of his early work pioneered modern electrical engineering and many of his discoveries were of groundbreaking importance.

Today, James Biss has finally revealled his application of Tesla's revolutionary Wireless Impulse Technology for the first time - with incredible results! You'll receive harmless but distinct sensations to the right and left side of your body, secretly delivered to you from your accomplice in the audience. These impressions can be delivered from up to 100 feet away - silently and with perfect clarity. It's as if Tesla himself were giving you a tap on the shoulder to guide you around the room or to discreetly inform you of what's occuring behind your back! Lighter sensations. Stronger sensations. Longer sensations. Shorter sensations. Combined sensations. Countless combinations and variables from an innocent looking wireless pager tucked away on you and a key fob in the audience.

TeslaVision costs hundreds of dollars less than anything available to pros today and yet it does the job silently and reliably as never before. The package comes complete with an astonishing warranty.

The possibilities for professional mentalism masterpieces are endless. Included in the 15 page illustrated booklet however are four powerful effects, routined for maximum entertainment value in the style of James Biss' other best selling works:

PARANORMAL TOUCHING: Tapping senstations from spectator's shoulders without coming anywhere near them - really!
PYROTECHNIC PSYCHOMETRICS: Psychometry and more behind your back - with your eyes closed!
NEEDLE IN YOUR HAYSTACK: Finding spectator's keys hidden in the audience - in the show closing tradition of the Amazing Kreskin!
DREAM DATE REVISITED: The now classic divination of Person and Place and Setting on stage, but now with pocket sized guidance.

These routines alone will be gold in the world of psychic entertaimnent. You'll carry this pocket-sized technology in your glove box of your car and create stage-sized blockbuster entertainment! With your eyes closed, because there's…NOTHING TO SEE OR HEAR…YOU'LL JUST “SENSE” YOUR TESLAVISION!

Can anyone else get this link to work? I can't.
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
The link works for me.

I would say that $300 sounds very reasonable for something like this, especially considering the price of similar technology.

It helps of course that I am in England as we have a fairly favourable exhange rate at the moment, but I see this being a big seller. I would like to find out more about it before making a purchase (size, range, noise level, how many different signals can be receieved etc.) but it is certainly on my list of wants.

James - I don't suppose you are in England for the Blackpool convention this year are you? (End of Feb 2007) I would love to give one of these a test run.

Simon
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
Link works now. Everyone should know that the good folks at alakazam.co.uk will be releasing a communications device also, in the coming weeks/months.
Orvec
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Orvec
Write2david,

Do you have any further information on the alakazam communications device?

Rick
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
Quote:
On 2007-01-30 09:23, write2david wrote:
Everyone should know that the good folks at alakazam.co.uk will be releasing a communications device also, in the coming weeks/months.
But will it be as fun as TeslaVision?
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
I don't have any further info - but if it's from peter nardi it's bound to be a keeper.

Will it be as much fun as teslavision? I'm not sure, I just wish we had more clarity on what teslavision actually is and looks like. For instance, photo's of some of the components would be useful, just like our friends at fabrice, labco, and 7th8th sense. Seeing this sort of thing is important to me.
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Tesla was Croatian Serb, born in Smiljani in Croatia. Nothing to do with this effect but just to let you know. Paul Rossini was also a Croat born as Paul Vucic in Dalmatia (south part of Croatia) and not Austrian or Italian as was written in the recent book about him.
JamesBiss
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
310 Posts

Profile of JamesBiss
Thanks for the confirmation bojanbarisic about Tesla's heritage. In fact, a museum dedicated to him is in Belgrade. I've been there of course on a couple of occasions. The man was a genius!

(I've had the pleasure of travelling extensively through Croatia on more than one occasion. Although I must confess that I first came across some of the background notes of Tesla's not in Serbia or Croatia, but at Lake Bled in Slovenia! I was on my honeymoon many, many moons ago!)

Warm regards from Canada,

James
James Biss
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2007-01-29 23:28, chichi711 wrote:
I am curious about "PARANORMAL TOUCHING" do you have to have a second person to make that work?

Still no answer?
JamesBiss
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
310 Posts

Profile of JamesBiss
ChiChi ... sorry, I forgot.

Yes, PARANORMAL TOUCHING is the first phase of the 15 minute set among the routines that are included with TeslaVision and each phase of that set involves help from your secret someone. As the performer, you're free to focus on the presentation without that awkward hands "in and out of the pocket" move required with some devices.

And to answer a few of the PMs in the past 24 hours from others...

No, walls don't seem to be a problem with this techology.

Yes, the cueing from the transmitter is quiet- if held correctly - with no clicking. The reception to YOUR epidermous is of course completely silent.

Yes, a generous, no hassle warranty.

I choose to direct the various combinations to my left and right hip, but others seem to prefer their two shoulders.

No, I won't be able to make it to Blackpool this year, but UK retailers will have it by then through their usual distributor and will no doubt be featuring it.

No, Step 8 in Corinda

Yes. Oompa Loompas. ;>)

Cheers,

James
James Biss
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
This really seems like it would have a ton of applications, especially if it can go through walls!

I like the paranormal touching idea . . .

Chi,
Looks like we have a show to do together, lol!

-Jerome.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
The Doctor
View Profile
Loyal user
Gallifrey
265 Posts

Profile of The Doctor
I still don't see, apart from the fact that it may use electrodes rather than vibrating heads (I am assuming), how this differs, or indeed improves upon something like 7th Sense? If this is, and it sounds like it could be, a remote controlled EMS/TENS machine, won't it cause unwanted muscle spasms/twitching?
JamesBiss
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
310 Posts

Profile of JamesBiss
Okay, you asked for it.

I've just come in from outside my house. It's about 10 below zero Ccccccelsius with snow flakes falling. I was at the end of my driveway, my wife was up in bed -where I should be. My house is brick exterior with lots of standard walls between she and I.

No problem getting a signal. (If such extreme conditions are important to you... ;>)

Tesla rules.

I need to get a life.

James

P.S. No twitching or spasms Doctor! This has nothing to do with a TENS machine or equivalent. Telsa's Wireless Impulse Technology predates Dr. Ho et al!

No doubt Eighth Sense is a cool trick - but for expensive tastes I'm told. It's being marketed as a trick right? I'm sure it's a fine product too. At more than three times the price I'm sure it's terrific. I think TeslaVision takes a different technology in a different direction. We'll have to see what others think.
James Biss
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2007-01-31 21:30, TT2 wrote:
This really seems like it would have a ton of applications, especially if it can go through walls!

I like the paranormal touching idea . . .

Chi,
Looks like we have a show to do together, lol!

-Jerome.

Tell me where to sign!

Posted: Jan 31, 2007 9:56pm
--------------------------------------
James I get the feeling some people will never just let you release something. Its unfortunate.
The Doctor
View Profile
Loyal user
Gallifrey
265 Posts

Profile of The Doctor
Thanks for clearing that up James.

I wasn't refering to 8th Sense but to 7th Sense which is similarly priced (I bought mine for about £170/$300 two years ago from Shrink). How does it differ from Teslavision except in the type of output? 7th Sense is silent, goes through walls, has two outputs and adjustable alerts. I'm not being difficult but just trying to see where you're coming from with this product.
JamesBiss
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
310 Posts

Profile of JamesBiss
Good Doctor,

Sorry, I've not had the pleasure of seeing or playing with a 7th Sense so I can't really give you a point by point comparison. Your older unit sounds great however and you certainly shouldn't need to replace it with TeslaVision. From a performance standpoint they'll apparently deliver somewhat similar results and effect - as is true of many electronic gizmos.

I have seen ads for the 8th Sense fairly recently however, which is the only one now available I understand. From what I can see, TeslaVision has some clear advantages. Again, I'll have to let others decide for themselves. The pros that have seen it however are pretty keen - but again, I think they're different products and for different markets/applications.

Perhaps I'll have to include my routines for TeslaVision in MIND BLOWING for the benefit of folks that have (earlier) related products (as you have) that are interested in my presentational ideas for such devices. Hmmmm. I wasn't planning on this - but you've given me a good idea. Thank you.

Alright, I'm off to bed...

James

P.S. ChiChi...I hear you. Thick skin is a requirement around here!
James Biss
Bill Abbott
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott
Teslavision is everything the ad states.
The nice thing is the price.
I have been brainstorming ideas ever since James brought me mine at the comedy magic seminar in Niagara this past weekend.
Great routine ideas as well James.

Cheers
Bill Abbott
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
889 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
I hope I get a chance to visit the factory and see a real, honest-to-goodness, Ooompa Loompa up close!!
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » TeslaVision is coming soon.. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL