The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Living and moving (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
One other thing is that my license to busk clearly states that I will not "directly solicit for money." I'm not certain if that means charging a set amount, or if it actually means no hat lines.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
That sounds like you may passively collect money, meaning a receptacle with a sign. People just come up and put money in the bucket without you ever having to ask directly for it. In busking parlance, it's called "working a trickle". Much like musicians do.

Percy Press had a wonderful hat line that didn't ask directly for money: "Ladies and gentlemen if you have enjoyed my humble efforts to entertain and amuse you, I trust you won't forget the hat." It's a nice, passive line. It will not make you a ton of money, but if you are working a sidewalk show, it will keep the hat happy without having to ask directly.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I had an idea for one. Just before your last trick:

"Ladies and gentlemen, my agreement with this city states that I may not 'solicit donations.' I had to look up what that meant! I thought they were suggesting something rude! However, as it stands, I cannot ask you for money. BUT, if at the end of this next trick, you are so blown away by my talent you have the overwhelming desire to drop and one or a five into the bin... I'm certainly not going to stop you!"

What do you think, sirs?
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24263 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2007-01-06 12:44, MagicSanta wrote:
Cellini does have a lovely wife who travels with him and supports his gig.

Cellini has a lovely wife who travels with him, supports his gig, and does the Downs Coin Star.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Metone
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Metone
If you want to be a full-time busker, you'll probably fail.
If you NEED to be a full-time busker, you'll find a way to make it work.

Hey Frank great quote from the latest article in Magic on John Stetson! I suppose it applies to almost anything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Living and moving (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL