The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Chop Cup/Coffee cup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Brent
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Brent
There are different theories on this, but the stronger the magnet you put into the cup, the weaker (and smaller) the magnet you'll need to put into the ball (or whatever object you're using instead of the standard ball). Good luck!

hsm
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
What about taking 2 Starbucks paper cups, cutting off the rim of one of them, and putting the magnet inbetween? Glue the cut down cup inside the other one and there you have an almost undetectable and cheap chop cup.
fbnc
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis
227 Posts

Profile of fbnc
Quote:
On 2006-05-04 14:42, calamari wrote:
The mug I have had a hole drilled into the bottom and a strong you know what put in, it was very small and then who ever made it simply put a do not microwave sticker over the hole.

This is an excellent idea, I'm going to make this.
Thanks for the post
mkiger
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mkiger
If you can, get rid of the magnet in the ball. Increase the other; magnetic balls often jump or shift as the poles line up if you put the ball on top of the cup. I had this problem with a combo set. I was able to tease out the magnet and replace it with a wad of steel wool.

I would love to see a method to steal the gimmick from the cup at the end without a PK type device.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Chop Cup/Coffee cup (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL