The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Key magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

esmolko
View Profile
New user
Kent, oh
33 Posts

Profile of esmolko
I've recently learned Leaving Home by Jay Sankey, and I think I would like to create a entire routine based on key magic. It would be great to get some advice or direction on some effects, or books I can look at to form some ideas. Thanks a bunch.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
House key types.
"Coin to Key" from Bobo's MCM.
"Florida Keys" from Wilson's 'On the Spot' DVD.
"Hell Bent".
"Key Deposit".
"Compact Key".

Then you have tricks with skeleton key, key cards, locks, key rings, key tabs, etc, that may fit into a key act.
esmolko
View Profile
New user
Kent, oh
33 Posts

Profile of esmolko
Thanks Jaz the links yoy supplied will be very helpfull. I think I'm going to integrate some rope magic into the routine also. keys are nice because because they are so ordinary. I'll do research with this info thanks again.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Sankey has a nice "killer key" trick.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Also there's a great effect called Exit by Peter Eggink - the description of this effect can be found at
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/exit-by-pe......755.html
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
"Haunted Key" is a number of effects of a more psychokinetic nature.
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Quote:
On 2007-01-06 23:36, ToasterofDoom wrote:

I had all but shelved my old Haunted Key...until I bought a PK ring and got a bit inspired. It's a bit tricky to get the spacing/movements just right without over-doing it, (or under-doing it with no influence at all);but try using the Haunted Key in the spectator's hand while you are wearing a Black's PK ring.
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Quote:
On 2007-01-06 18:51, tbaer wrote:
Sankey has a nice "killer key" trick.

I love that trick. First time I saw it done, I knew exactly how the effect was executed; but - simple as it is - the general public never figures it out. And there's a handling of that trick that allows you to start and end clean. The DVD I got with mine was all messed up; but I think Jay Sankey goes over that handling in it...at least enough where, even through the frozen picture and problems I had with my DVD, I still got the gist.

Did I mention that I love this trick?? In a word, it's fun!
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2007-01-07 01:28, Bendy wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-01-06 23:36, ToasterofDoom wrote:

I had all but shelved my old Haunted Key...until I bought a PK ring and got a bit inspired. It's a bit tricky to get the spacing/movements just right without over-doing it, (or under-doing it with no influence at all);but try using the Haunted Key in the spectator's hand while you are wearing a Black's PK ring.

Bendy, I have frequently followed up the Haunted Key by doing it in the spectators Hand, using suggestion and the "Ouija Board Effect", you have to get the right spectator but when you do, its golden! I like the idea of the PK ring, though, it means I could use it even with less suggestible spectators, thanks for the tip!
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Brandon Delgado
View Profile
Loyal user
St. Louis, Missouri
293 Posts

Profile of Brandon Delgado
As another suggestion, there is also Archangel, a 3-phase key routine.

-B
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Check http://www.porperoriginals.com and see the key in bottle, key shell, etc. Several gaffed keys are available.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Key magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL