The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Starter Pouch Ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
Hello all,

Do any of you have any good ideas of what I can use as a pouch for my cups and balls?

I would love to get one of Frank's pouches ( http://www.theambitiouscard.com ), but I do not have that kind of money. Well not yet, that is.

I am sure that there must be a pouch out there that I could use. Right???

Thank you for any help you may give.
SeanD13
Have you hugged a Cup Junkie lately?

Learn more at www.CupsCon.com
"If We Build It Will you Come?"
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Well, you could go to the automotive section of your local WalMart and find a suitable pouch, although it won't last nearly as long as one of Frank's great pouches.

You can see what I'm talking about here; just watch the slide shows or check out my pics at:

http://www.myspace.com/chris_robertson

...and you'll see what I use (for now) as a pouch.

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
If you are doing a three or four tennis ball size load, you can use a waiter's apron from any uniform shop. These usually have three compartments, but you can remove the stitching and just make one small dart, dead center of the top lip, pinning it to the back of the apron.

This leaves the apron looking like it has two pockets, when in fact it only has one large one. I hope that makes sense. They work quite well for a pouch in a pinch.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I've heard heavy canvas or leather nail pouches from your local hardware store work fairly well, too.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Adam J
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Adam J
Quote:
On 2007-01-06 18:25, Dave VanVranken wrote:
I've heard heavy canvas or leather nail pouches from your local hardware store work fairly well, too.

This is similar to what I have. About 2 years ago, when I first came here, I posted about pouches, and it started a pretty long topic. However, I got a private message from someone who had a pouch they were looking to get rid of. They asked if I wanted it. I got it in the mail, it was in great condition, and I still use it to this day.

It's basically 'cloth' with blue outlines. It has 3 'pockets' in the front, 2 of which are connected. It allows me to store up to 4 balls, plus some other stuff. If you're looking to go professional, I don't know if it's what you'd want, but it costs about $20 or less if you search around at a Home Depot or WalMart. For that kind of money, it really is worth it.
SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
Thanks, I will have to look around and see what I can find at Home Depot. I did not think of a nail bag.

Johnny, I am not too sure what pic I was looking for. Can you point me to the right photo?

Adam, I would like to see a pic of the pouch you are using whenever you have time.

Thank you, all.
SeanD13

Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
The waiter bags are better suited, and they are black. If you wear black trousers, they look like they are part of the pants. I've used nail bags, as well. I always found them a bit shallow.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
Danny,

Would the waiter pouch be able to stay open, so you can grab out one of your final loads without anyone seeing what you are doing?

SeanD13

Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Sean,
The pouch in my avatar is soft leather, but it was inspired around the waiter pouch design. The load should hold the pouch open enough to reach inside without fumbling. If you use Gazzo's routine, you never go into the pouch without a reason; so reaching in is a natural action, and the steal goes unnoticed.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Sean,

Yup, it sure does. It is actually a pretty good way to go. I was still wearing mine for strolling gigs as my carnival character, right up until I got one of Frank's pouches.

Best,

Dan-

johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Quote:
On 2007-01-06 23:45, SeanD13 wrote:
Johnny, I am not to sure what pic I was looking for. Can you point me to the right photo?

Check out the pics of me working the cups and balls. I'm wearing a pouch I got from WalMart for $7. It can be found in my pics, or in my slide show of pictures, on my profile at...

http://www.myspace.com/chris_robertson
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
What's the different measurements for the Starsini and the Gazzo pouch? I am thinking about buying, making, or finding some suitable pouch, as well. I will start doing the Cups on the street, and the pouch I am using right now is not big enough for the melon load. Measurements would be great. Thanks!

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
Joe Howard
View Profile
Loyal user
The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
204 Posts

Profile of Joe Howard
I used the 5 pocket apron (shown here: http://www.rinovelty.com/Products.asp?ca......p;page=5 If the link won't load to the proper page, just copy and paste) for many years. The front 3 pockets are gusseted, so they stay open. The 2 rear pockets are perfect for cards, even jumbo cards. It worked much better than the waiters apron that I used before I got this one, and they are very inexpensive. I wore a blue shirt to match the trim, and it looked like a complete outfit.

Joe H
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Joe, those are nice! Thanks, buddy!

Best,

Dan-

Adam J
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Adam J
Joe,
That's the same pouch I use, except mine only has the 3 big pockets! Same colors, too. So Sean, do you still want a picture?

Adam
SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
Joe, thanks for the link. I will give it some thought on the pouches. Do you think you could undo some of the stitching and make the pockets bigger?

Also Dave, where did you get your pouch?

SeanD13

Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Sean,
Along with Gazzo's pouch, I also have two different models of Frank's pouches. The one in the avatar is Frank's "Cellini" pouch. http://www.theambitiouscard.com It works well for everything but the melon load. Frank's newest busker pouch looks even better. It has pockets for nearly everything you'll ever need, plus plenty of space for multiple large loads.
Adam J
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Adam J
Sean,

Here are the pictures, as you asked. The first one is me wearing the pouch (taken in the mirror, sorry for the blurriness). The second picture shows everything that was in the pouch!

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2140/dscn1037rn9.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7242/dscn1041nc3.jpg

Anyways, in the pouch was: 3 Cups, a Wand, 5 final load Lacrosse Balls, a Jumbo Quarter, 3 Decks of Cards, 4 Sponge Balls, and a Box of Multiplying Balls.

Not the prettiest pouch, but it gets the job done.

Adam
Joe Howard
View Profile
Loyal user
The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
204 Posts

Profile of Joe Howard
Sean,

You don't need the pockets bigger, they hold plenty. The pouch Adam is wearing in the photo is the same one, except he has the 3 pocket model. The five pocket model looks the same, except it has 2 flat pockets behind the 3 gusseted ones. Unless you want to produce a melon or a coconut, it will be fine. I used it for the cups for years until I got a Gazzo pouch for the big load.

I have an old one laying around, and you can have it if you want it. I won't ever use it again, I have a Gazzo and 3 of Frank's pouches (Cellini, Poacher's Pouch, and Busker's Pouch), so I think I'm good for now. I cut the straps shorter, so I wouldn't have a lot of extra strap flapping around in back, and I put a plastic snap buckle on it. If your waist is under 40 inches you should be OK without being at the very end of the line.

I also have one of these ( http://apronman.com/7hppu.htm ) that is brand new and never used. If anyone wants it, I'll sell it to them for 20.00 postpaid. It's the one with the big buckle. It's all black with no blue piping.

Joe H
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Hey Adam, what are those cups you have? They look like the cups I just bought.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Starter Pouch Ideas (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL