The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Wallet for PW effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
A folded post-it note goes into a wallet and a spec holds it. PW and then I take the wallet from the spec loading it from a palm position. Which wallet would be best for this (all I need it to do is that)? I'm not familiar with wallets at all I'm ashamed to admit.

It has to be done right under the specs nose with an audience.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Theres a few...Stealth Assassin Wallet, The SUC and The Outlaw, to name a few
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I use the Stealth Assassin for this type of routine frequently.Although it could be done with other wallets...there is one little known attribute of the SA,that makes it perfect for this.
Not to mention all the other effects possible with the SA...I highly reccommend it.

Jonathan,if you get a SA,PM me and I will fill you in on just why IMO the SA is ideal for this type of effect.
I love and use my Outlaw,but for the effect you asked about...the SA is perfect.

Best.

Rich
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
Well , when the card/post it note is loaded into the SA , it not as stable to write on if it was in the Outlaw . In the Outlaw , the card/`post it note' is held by both ends and it is secure ( can't fall out ) ,while in the S.A , the card/`post it note' is only held by it's lower edges of the SUC compartment . Therefore in my opinion the Outlaw is more suitable for this type of effect . I use the Lincoln Pro Lead Writer combined with my Outlaw for the effect you described . Sometimes I don 't even use the Outlaw ,but just the writer if I'm not looking for a `peek '. The S.A is a great wallet , it is my everyday wallet if fact , for the effect you are describing , I'd prefer the Outlaw.

Best Regards,
David
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Hi David.I am sure Jonathan will answer for himself,but he was not asking about using a wallet as a DEVICE for PW'ing.Re-read his post.

Rich
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
Hie Rich, I guess I misinterpreted his post .

`A folded post-it note goes into a wallet and a spec holds it. PW and then'....etc

I assumed it was PW'ing .Sorry again .

Best Regards,
David
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
I use my SA for this type of effect all the time. Right now I keep my Kioku cards in my SA and pull it out to use them. Afterwards, I do a PW effect and produce the folded card from the SA that has been in full view the whole time.

But, if you want to PW on say your business card and don't want to fold it up, I agree that the Outlaw wallet is perfect for this as it provides a very stable platform to do so.

Scott
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
btaxin
View Profile
Regular user
san francisco
152 Posts

Profile of btaxin
I've used my SUC for this effect many times and it works great! I write whatever, fold it up and stick it into the SUC. I steal it out when I give the wallet to the spec. I PW whatever I want and load it in when I take back the wallet. It stuns people!
Bob Taxin
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Well, the SUC wallet is out since you can't get them anywhere. For just switching/loading a folded post-it note (I don't care about any additional feature) which is better? and if the SA is better is it 100 dollars better? What about other one trick pony wallets that are cheaper? Would they be just as good? If so which one? Banachek uses a himber wallet I think on his PW effect for his DVD. I'll have to rewatch it and find out.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2007-01-09 19:11, Jonathan wrote:
Well, the SUC wallet is out since you can't get them anywhere. For just switching/loading a folded post-it note (I don't care about any additional feature) which is better? and if the SA is better is it 100 dollars better? What about other one trick pony wallets that are cheaper? Would they be just as good? If so which one? Banachek uses a himber wallet I think on his PW effect for his DVD. I'll have to rewatch it and find out.

The Outlaw is $60.00 and is the best PW card wallet period. That's right I'm hypein my card case one more freakin time!!

Thank you very much. Elvis has now left the building.

RR
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Roth, are you talking about PW directly onto it? Because that's not what I'm wanting. I'm wanting to switch a PW post-it with one that's put in it earlier so the PW is done in my pocket while the wallet is with the spectator.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Jonathan:

The Outlaw can be used for that as well. If you are part of the forum, look for my post from last year on loading the Outlaw. But if that is what you want to use it for, there are other tools that might work better for that application, but lack all of the other capabilities of the Outlaw.

Tony
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
I don't get the convincing nature of pw-ing and then pulling out a wallet from the same pocket you've p-w'ed in. At least that's how I understand some of what you guys said.

I use either the Switchback wallet -- which shows the business card in a clear window. Held by spectator, you take the wallet, and they see you pull out the p-w'ed business card. It's always been in view. Fave no. 2 is Anthony Miller's Mullica style.

Neither is anywhere near the pocket where you p-w. The wallet's in spec's hands, which is what I always assumed was the only way to do a p-w.
best, fib
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Ooh, tell me more about this switchback wallet. That sounds exactly like what I'm talking about, is it not?
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2137 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Gotta tell you, the Outlaw is so stable, it's like a p.w. TABLET, or board. And I mean STABLE. I use many wallets for different effects, but it's a no-brainer going with the Outlaw for any PW.
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
Switchback wallet -- sold at Hank Lee's as a card to wallet, but it's also advertised as a billet switcher, which it does a great job at because the billet's in view at all times -- before the spectator says a thing.
fib
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
The Assassin Version 1.1 will do this. You could place a folded post it note in the new pocket on the SUC side of the SAW and hand the wallet of someone. do your pocket writing and then have it appear as if you have removed it from the very same pocket.

The Assassin 1.1 should be in stock within 3-4 weeks.

Regards

Peter
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
To be clear, will all of outlaws card cases and the Widow maker allow me to place a business card or half a playing card into it and to palm it away?

best
Ray
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2007-03-12 05:34, Magical Dimensions wrote:
To be clear, will all of outlaws card cases and the Widow maker allow me to place a business card or half a playing card into it and to palm it away?

best
Ray

The Widowmaker is the one, if you are looking to steal billets and load billets. That is what it was designed for (and closed wallet peek of course).
The Panther and prestige will also let you load steal and peek.

The loading with W.M. is the easiest.

BTW the Widowmaker is FINALLY coming in from my London maker this week so all the pre-orders will finally be shipping out!

5 months from concept to delivered of product! (That's about right believe it or not for a new wallet design)

Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
The Assassin V1.1 is now in stock!

I know it's a little more expensive than some other wallets but hey you get what you pay for:-)

Peter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Wallet for PW effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL