The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » IPhone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
It was all I could to stop from dancing with joy

Anyone else want one?

Derek Merdinyan
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2320 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I DO! It looks like an awesome piece of technology. Almost like Star Trek material!
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
No. ATT VOIP here.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
I just have a phone. It makes calls, that's it. No camera, no ringtones, no fancy LCD. Just a phone. I'm very happy with it and am rueing the day I have to replace it which unfortunately will be latter this year as Verizon is discontinueing my companies $10.00 a month plan.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

I completely understand where you are coming from. A phone is a phone, and in this particular case the iPhone was poorly named. Yah, its commercial, but this isn't a phone...

The philosophy is to free up the pockets and bags. I carry a phone with me everywhere, an iPod half the time, and I am real into film making; the fact that it has internet on it is just overkill.

Some people want to bring all their things with them everywhere but its not practical, as a magician, even more so - (most of us) carry a deck of cards as well! Some people use phones to make calls, and that's cool too.

Derek Merdinyan
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4192 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I want one...I just hope I don't break it as often as I have my various ipods Smile
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
I don't listen to music much (I buy maybe one or two cd's a year) and watching video the size of a postage stamp has never appealed to me so I've never had much interest in getting an Ipod. I'd probably use a camera on a phone every once in a while so I might get one on my next phone.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
What does it do that others can't ? Don't buy into the hype..oooh you can buy a pretty little pink bag to carry it in. Why would you want to watch TV on such a little screen wilst on the move..sad sad people need to get a life !!!get a hobby ..do some sport..kids I know, spend half their life on the things, texting people they have already spent the whole day at work with.

Rubbish !!

Howard
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4192 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Howard of course already has an IPhone and just posted the above message in flight while pursing his hobby/sport of hang gliding. Smile
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
I don't even own a basic cell phone. Maybe that makes me a bit of a luddite or something. Smile

All I know is that it enables me to gleefully refer to people railing against the iPhone as hypocrites in my eyes, if they already own a cell. Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2320 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Quote:
On 2007-01-10 14:54, hkwiles wrote:
What does it do that others can't ? Don't buy into the hype..oooh you can buy a pretty little pink bag to carry it in. Why would you want to watch TV on such a little screen wilst on the move..sad sad people need to get a life !!!get a hobby ..do some sport..kids I know, spend half their life on the things, texting people they have already spent the whole day at work with.

Rubbish !!

Howard

You make me want one even more. Smile
Just kidding. I couldn't afford the stupid thing anyway.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Bad Apple:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/01/10/D8MIN5CO0.html

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Cisco Systems Inc. said Wednesday it is suing Apple Inc. in federal court over Apple's use of Cisco's registered iPhone trademark for its new handheld device.

Cisco has owned the trademark on the name "iPhone" since 2000, when it acquired InfoGear Technology Corp., which originally registered the name.

And three weeks ago, Cisco's Linksys division put the trademark to use, releasing an Internet-enabled phone called "iPhone" that uses the increasingly popular Voice over Internet Protocol, or VoIP.

On Tuesday, Apple unveiled the iPhone, its "game-changing" touch- screen-controlled cell phone device that plays music, surfs the Web and delivers voicemail and e-mail.

"Cisco entered into negotiations with Apple in good faith after Apple repeatedly asked permission to use Cisco's iPhone name," said Mark Chandler, Cisco senior vice president and general counsel, in a statement. "There is no doubt that Apple's new phone is very exciting, but they should not be using our trademark without our permission."

Cisco is seeking injunctive relief to prevent Apple from copying Cisco's iPhone trademark.

"Today's iPhone is not tomorrow's iPhone. The potential for convergence of the home phone, cell phone, work phone and PC is limitless, which is why it is so important for us to protect our brand," Chandler added.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
No iPhone for me. Cingular has TERRIBLE coverage here. It's too bad they have an exclusive on it, at least for the time being.

That being said, I like it. I had a Handspring Visor PDA/phone that had a 320x320 screen and ran Palm apps. You could download and play free games, and it would sync your contacts, notes, and calendar with your computer. Best of all, the phonebook could dial your calls. But it only had about a 3-hour battery life, and it worked only with Sprint.

My current PDA, a Sony Clie, is also Palm-based, but it has a 320x480 screen like the iPhone, and you can watch videos on it just fine. It's a clamshell design, and includes a built-in 1.3 megapixel camera.

To me, the iPhone looks like it integrates the best of these two devices, which is what I've wanted for a long time.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2676 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Some of us have been waiting for this for so long, it's provoked an extreme reaction. Smile
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-01-11 15:28, Scott Cram wrote:
Some of us have been waiting for this for so long, it's provoked an extreme reaction. Smile

Its so true Smile

My only complaint is that (as of right now) it is only being offered with Cingular

Derek Merdinyan
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Waste of money IMO.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
I have a T-Mobile MDA Vario, it is a phone, MP3 player and Video player too, Internet access via GPRS and WiFi, a full qwerty keyboard for emailing etc. It has a built in Word, Excel and Powerpoint. It also runs TomTom Sat Nav.

Who needs an IPhone?
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I wonder what the guys who are poo-pooing the phone said about the internet before they experienced it. Probably something like:

"If I need information, I have an encyclopedia, the library, and the telephone. If I need to send something I have the post office. Television and the radio give me the news. Why would I need the internet?"

BTW My brother helped develop the camera on the iPhone. He didn't tell us, due to confidentiality. My mom's p***ed because she was looking for a good investment.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Ha! amen to the above...

that's cool that your brother worked on part of it. Any idea how it compares to the MacBook iSight cameras?

Derek Merdinyan
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
No idea. I haven't talked with him about it yet.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » IPhone (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL