The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Bent" by Daniel Garcia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
So I'm wondering if anybody has heard about this effect. Awhile ago I read a forum talking about Daniel's bending coin effect called Bent and I heard it look amazing (thats not surprising since it is Daniel Garica). If anybody knows when the effect will come out (if it does at all) or where to see a demo of the effect then I would really appreciate it.
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
782 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Looking forward to this myself.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4502 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
It does look amazing, last year Dan sent me a video demo of it. Looks very nice Smile
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Any release date set?
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4502 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Nope, doesn't look like there is any yet
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2937 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Can you post the demo you have blindside? thx
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4502 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I don't think I should. I still have it on my computer but I think Daniel hasn't released the demo video for a reason. It's a awesome demo video though Smile
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
He told me he already shot the video for it but he doesn't know when it will be out.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4502 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Well he already shot the demo video a long time ago. Unless the demo video he showed me last year was a rough version. Bent looks awesome by the way. It is not a visual change though.
Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
Garcia is on tour? Does anyone have a schedule of this tour?
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2937 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Seems tons of people have it but aren't sharing lol. if its because you don't feel comfortable posting it in public, pm me. thanks!
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Wow, still no news on this?
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
I think all that has to be done with it is the editing and they will have the video out...but nobody knows when
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
723 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
I wonder what type of methodology in effect this will be. If Garcia comes out with something like the Quantum Bender 2.0 then it will be mine! Smile
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4502 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
BENT effect looks like this.

A normal quarter is shown flat. Preformer lays out normal quarter in his/her outstretched hand. The performer takes his other hand and lays his hand on top and presses. He uncovers his hand and the quarter is bent. Looks totally clean.

Bent (as said in demo video)
-No Gimmicks
-Impromptu
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Quote:
On 2007-04-14 14:15, Blindside785 wrote:
(as said in demo video)

Is the demo availible yet? Or is this still the demo that Danny sent to you? If so, keep it for yourself, and don't show to anyone else... Danny didn't go public with the demo for a reason. =]

Thanks
-Vinnie
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1190 Posts

Profile of APC
Ya, I too have the demo and it looks quite impressive, he said he was filming last april...havent heard anything since.
Adam
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4502 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2007-04-14 15:29, Vinnie Laraway wrote:
Quote:
(as said in demo video)

Is the demo availible yet? Or is this still the demo that Danny sent to you? If so, keep it for yourself, and don't show to anyone else... Danny didn't go public with the demo for a reason. =]

Thanks
-Vinnie
This is the one Danny sent me. I've been keeping it to myself don't worry Smile Hehe Vinnie..read the 7th post on this thread Smile
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2937 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
BENT effect looks like this.

A normal quarter is shown flat. Preformer lays out normal quarter in his/her outstretched hand. The performer takes his other hand and lays his hand on top and presses. He uncovers his hand and the quarter is bent. Looks totally clean.

Bent (as said in demo video)
-No Gimmicks
-Impromptu

But can the coin be borrowed and signed by the spec and then given to the magician? If not, I'll stick to my Quantum Bender 2.0 Time after time after performing QB2, a lot of people try to reverse engineer the method verbally. Most of them say "i know you didn't switch it for a coin that was already bent because I took the quarter out of my pocket and signed it,noted the date, and the state from which the quarter came from..and THEN gave it to you. Its just that good!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4502 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Don't expect a 600 dollar coin bend to replace a 25-30 dollar coin bend.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Bent" by Daniel Garcia (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL