The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » A Thank You!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
I would like to thank Marty "Martini" Grams for his wonderful hospitality this past weekend and the opportunity to watch him make his custom gaffed cards. It was facsinating to watch him split the cards and he gave me plenty of things to work on and lots of great ideas.

:juggle: Smile
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Man!!!!!!! I am soooooo jealous! Thanks to his notes and DVD I am positively hooked on the art. I would love to have traded places with you over the weekend.
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
Martini is such a nice guy. The DVD is fantastic, and he is very helpful. I'd love to shake his hand and say thanks directly to him. I too am soooooo jealous!
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Absolutely. Marty is a very, very helpful guy. I had e-mailed him about a situation I had and he responded quickly. I would some day like to meet him and thank him personnaly.

Marty and Vinny The Godfather are the two most helpful professionals on this board. Very giving individuals.

Many, many thanks to you both.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
The way the whole thing came about was just so odd. Me and my room mate (squishy squishy on this list) were hanging out with his daughter. We all play the same LARP together and she offered us crash space if we came down for a game. In previous conversations she had said her dad did magic. Well I hear that a lot. "You do magic? Oh my {insert familly member hear} can do magic.". So the next morning after game we are sitting in her living room, one wall of which is all bookcases, filled with magic books. Now I'm thinking that this may be a little more than a hobby...
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
kroberge
View Profile
New user
Old Town, Maine
75 Posts

Profile of kroberge
Neato! I just ordered his book and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. Congrats to you!

Kevin
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Hey Kevin,
The book is great and you'll learn a lot, but do yourself a big favor and get the DVD as well.
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Pokie-Poke and others:
I am humbled and most grateful for your comments guys. Our door is open to visitors all the time. Everyone is welcome anytime.
I am humbled to be placed in such good company as Vinny, we all try to help whenever we can here on the Café, after all that is what the heading states : "Magicians helping Magicians"
Anytime I can be of help to any of you, just ask.
All the Best
Marty
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi Gang just want to say that I was in the hospital recently with penumonia , and only to find a package with gifts from Marty when I got home.
the godfather will never forget this act of kindness from my fellow magician and new friend
marty Martini
thank you Marty for being there for me
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
You guys, stop kissing Martini's ***. He puts his pants on the same way as us. He is the most upity, know it all jerk I have ever met. He thinks he knows everything about everything, and you know what else....HE DOES. I have had the plesure of knowing Marty for about 8 years, he is the most genorous, helpful, knowlegdeable person in the magic field I have ever met. Without my wife and Marty (sorry marty but I HAD to put her first) I would not be where I am today.

The way you guys talk about Marty, I cant believe he will make a special trip just to drop off a trick at my house (it is not just around the corner either) I need for an upcoming gig.

Marty, in all seriousness, thanks for your guidence, friendship and most of all for saving me unknown amounts of money for talking me out of a trick I will never use.

YOU DA MAN, sorry I forgot your Birthday...we thought it was the 28th....I guess it should be .....YOU DA (OLD) MAN...You, Maripat and Laura and I should go to La Tolteca soon......For those who don't know, Marty also happens to be one heck of a cook and I am glad to be on his Christmas cookie list, and he is a great caterer too,

Love ya.

Jeff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » A Thank You!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL