The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Chase the Ace (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Does anybody do Chase the Ace with stage sized cards? In the finale, when the spectator turns the card over:
1. How is he positioned so that the audience sees what's happening and gets the inpact of it?
2. How do you keep the spectator from shifting his grip so that the gaff isn't revealed?
It's been laying in my drawer for 15 or 20 years. I remember seeing it on t.v. awhile back, (Copperfield? Henning?), and it looked great, but they had the camera to be the eyes of the audience.
jake g
Al Albers
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Al Albers
Jake G:

With a little bit of experimentation, you can adapt Mike Rogers' "Unconquered Card" routine to the "Chase The Ace" cards. That way you are the only person handling the cards. Just a thought.

Al
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Ken Brooke's Chase the Ace with Giant cards is a close-trick. You carry the cards in your belt at the back of your body. Just insert them into your pants. Not originally intended as a stage or large group trick. You can adapt it if you wish, it is not hard, once you really understand the effect and the position of each card during each phase of the routine.

The premise is that you cannot possibly palm or manipulate the cards in any way dut to the size of the cards.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Looks like if you are looking for a Jumbo Chase the Ace routine for stand-up shows. It is now on the market, the video looks like all the new handling has been worked out for you. It is called 3 card Joe , but it is over double the price of Chase The Ace from Stevens Magic and the cards are an inch shorter on both dimensions.

I'm impressed with what is on the video. Click Here
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2007-02-05 19:51, Al Albers wrote:
Jake G:

With a little bit of experimentation, you can adapt Mike Rogers' "Unconquered Card" routine to the "Chase The Ace" cards. That way you are the only person handling the cards. Just a thought.

Al

That thought made my day! I don't know why that never occurred to me as I am in possession of both effects!

The original instructions that came with my Chase The Ace left much to be desired. But your idea is great.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Holy cow! I just watched the video, and for all the world, he was pretty much doing Mike's routine, even to the last phase!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
hansonmagic
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of hansonmagic
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2010, Bill Hegbli wrote:
I'm impressed with what is on the video. Click Here

This was awesome! Just ordered. Will report back.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Nice routine, I used to do this in the 70s, might be time to resurrect it ?
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
If you don't have the jumbo cards, you can print them out yourself on your computer printer using Qua-Fiki's templates included in his e-Book "Ace Chaser" from The Wizards' Journal #21. As usual, it has the Qua-Fiki touches, such as being able to show the complete face (no missing pips) of each card and you can still perform any of the popular routines for it using these cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Chase the Ace (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL