The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Db's wink wink to mentalists (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
I may be late on this, but since I live in the US I don't get much Derren Brown (except for his DVD of his TV special). But did anyone see this? I'm of course referring to a little sly comment he makes at the end of the vid.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KldRmpIDv10
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
Nice!

I didn't notice it when first viewing it on TV...
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Would have been a liitle embarrassing if the undertaker was familiar with the name.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Guess I missed it? I've watched it a few times and I've found no cryptic message or mental tip off other than These are alive and these are dead, but shouldn't he have said I've put too much Oil on my hair and I could use a drink of Water?. Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Out of this world, does this help slim king
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Duuuu Smile
Thanks!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Slim, you can always blame it on Derren's accent. Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
He does talk a little funny, but so does Criss Angel, so I guess that's just natural for Mental types Smile
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Quote:
On 2007-01-11 09:34, Slim King wrote:
He does talk a little funny, but so does Criss Angel, so I guess that's just natural for Mental types Smile

Aww, it is nice to see your obsession with Criss is back up and running Slim. I have a book running on the amount of times you mention him in the next week so don't disappoint!
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2023 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Wow...I loved it.

Was the sly smile meant to go with the comment as well? I found myself smiling right if he really was deliberate in his choice of words-how could he not have been-and it was downright fun.
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
I know, I loved it as well. Couldn't believe it when I heard it. ha ha! Made my day (is that sad?).
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
I think there may be another reference in there, as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the chef in the last seconds of the footage making curry? Smile
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2023 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Very nice Scott. Smile
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
How about that? in his show to the public he gives credit where it's due, in a way only those in the know will see.
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
I anothe rof his shows he makes a reference to a well known principle.When doing an effect with Kelly Holmes"You are always ONE AHEAD of the competition." Smile
Baggins
View Profile
Regular user
london
148 Posts

Profile of Baggins
Derren still has a lot of fondness for his brothers in magic and lets us know he hasnt forgotten us by releasing these coded message.
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
In a routine with playing cards performed in Monte Carlo, Derren asks the lady, "Have you heard of Dai Vernon?" She says no.

Chris
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2007-01-11 21:00, Harry H wrote:
I anothe rof his shows he makes a reference to a well known principle.When doing an effect with Kelly Holmes"You are always ONE AHEAD of the competition." Smile

Who is kelly holmes and what season, or episode is this on. I would like to see it.
wordSMITH
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of wordSMITH
I recall that being on the Mind Control series: part of which went into the Inside Your Mind DVD.

It's definitely not on the Trick of the Mind shows, unless it's not the at a racetrack in the dark that I remember.

Still, I don't recall this routine being released at all in his DVDs.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2007-01-11 15:31, Scott Cram wrote:
I think there may be another reference in there, as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the chef in the last seconds of the footage making curry? Smile

I was wondering the same thing. They do like their curry over there.

Of course, knowing Derren he would have tasted the dish and said, "I'm a-paul-ed with this curry." Smile

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Db's wink wink to mentalists (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL