The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » "Card Magic of Nick Trost".... In Stock or a Hoax??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
flowerthief
View Profile
New user
USA
13 Posts

Profile of flowerthief
Is that so? The website clearly listed it as being in stock. Well fudge.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
The Website states "IN STOCK".

The man who answered the phone stated that it is still in their inventory computer, but stating "NOT IN STOCK".

He stated that since it is still in there computer that the distributer has intention of shipping more. I told him that the book is apparently OOP, but he stated that because it is still in his computer that he is not aware of it being OOP. He stated that he will call me back when his boss ("PJ") comes back and knows when he will expect these books in.

I suspect..... I won't get a phone call for a LONG TIME, huh?
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Everyone knows computers can't be wrong... Smile

I wouldn't trust a third party dealer database to intuitively know that a book is OOP.

Looking on the bright side, "Out of Print" doesn't necessarily mean "Out of Stock." They may have completed the print run but that doesn't mean the shelves are empty.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Just bought a copy on eBay for $60 -- decided not to scout around for it.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2007-01-18 01:26, bugjack wrote:
Just bought a copy on eBay for $60 -- decided not to scout around for it.

bugjack,
You got a great buy on a great book. Good for you..
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
It is OOP folks, but it's only recently (6 to 10 months) that it's started dissapearing altogether off of dealers shelves.

I found mine at Denny and Lee about a year ago, and at that time they still had another six for sale after I bought mine (they were selling them at the original $40.00 price!)

At this time there's nothing at all to indicate that this book will be re-printed due to Nick Trosts semi-withdrawl from magic, so if you find it for under $100.00 and want to get a hold of one of the best books on card magic ever written....BUY IT!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » "Card Magic of Nick Trost".... In Stock or a Hoax??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL