The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 'real' magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if you had any advice on what to study. I am currently involved in pk magic with some nice, direct mindreading, but I wanted to get in some bizarre, freaky, phenomena sort of effects, for close up work. I am currently working on 'One for Andruzzi', from 7 decpetions, and self levitation and the like, so you can see the sort of thing I'm after. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks for your time,
Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Study the works of Eugene Burger.

Also check out Rick Maue's Haunted Magick book. That should wet your appetite.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
sandman690
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of sandman690
Kenton's Weered Enough has a couple pieces that might fit your bill.
tiptophat
View Profile
Loyal user
Wesley
269 Posts

Profile of tiptophat
Also, do not forget the Invocations or Magick from Bascom Jones. These are great for bizarre bits and from reading them it will cause the creative juices to flow.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Thanks for the input guys. Also, any thoughts on new, genuinely frightening material? I like the pulse stopping and levitations, and so was wondering about more of these sort of effects- stigmata effects, and the like?
Thanks,
Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Simon, you're very welcome to check out the bizarre forum here at the Café. Lots of the kind of ideas you might be looking for. I recommend you look at the 'Magic as real' thread started by David de Leon. It's not a bunch of effects, but rather a deep examination of magic performed as real.

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
Megatherion
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Megatherion
Hi,

Don't study the works of Eugene Burger. He has a tendensy to recycle other peoples ideas. He started by using Al Bakers ideas he was a forgotten genius.

Eugene Burger has a strong personality but he uses old ideas to project it, that is a good idea. I find him entertaining in a uniqe way.

Yours faithfully

Smile Dan Kirsch Smile
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Eugene Burger doesn't "recycle" old material. Your talking about one of the best close-up magicians in the world. He is good at offering different perspectives on how to handle certain routines. Many magicians have their own presentation of the Haunted Pack, and Eugene's approach is unique. He knows what works, and what doesn't. So seeking his advice and knowledge can only help you if you choose to use it.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 'real' magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL