The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Thinking Bizarre (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SenseiStrange
View Profile
Veteran user
The Dead God's Dreams
345 Posts

Profile of SenseiStrange
While on other threads through time we come together to discuss what is bizarre and what is not.

In my opinion Baba hit the nail when he wrote "I think though, bizarre has become an umbrella word for non conventional artistic magical expression....and I embrace this, no doubt..."

Though my favorite magic book is The Invocation, I find as a performer that stories and effects do not work for my personality or venues. However as I sit there late at night pouring through the arcane pages I get "the feeling".

Now this feeling is what I shoot for in my magic. For now, I choose to spread this magic feeling through Tarot, mentalism and manipulation acts. I do not think for a second there are rules guiding what bizarre is or is not. It is merely a feeling I am trying to express, and reproduce in other people.

While some feel story is a critical part of spreading the feeling - I myself try to sculpt the environment, choose emotionally charged music, and present ritual that strikes at the primal psyche of man. Everything I am training in for my stageshow right now is manipulation, but still I open up the Invocation for the emotional content I am trying to represent.

Indeed I agree with Baba. Maybe Bizarre has no definition. It is an umbrella or banner that those that like to play with those symbols can rally together. Because honestly as long as you are out performing and touching people, the audience cares little for how you label your magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Thinking Bizarre (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL