The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » CNR rope without scissors -- more magical, or less? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1154 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
You do ring and rope using the scissors as the ring? I've not come across that before - is it your idea or have others also done it?
Jolyon Jenkins
erlandish
View Profile
Inner circle
Vancouver, Canada
1254 Posts

Profile of erlandish
Jeff Sheridan has a scissors onto knot move which is nice, it's on Genius At Work. I thought I had another reference somewhere for this type of effect but I can't find it. Martin Gardner had some ideas for penetrations using scissors, and they made it into Stewart James's Encyclopedia.
The Jester Extraordinaire : bderland.com
Ye Olde Magick Blogge : erlandish.blogspot.com
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1154 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Yes I've seen the Martin Gardner scissor thing in the Fulves book but it's looked more like a puzzle than magic. I'm wondering how many ring moves could be adapted to a scissor "ring".
Jolyon Jenkins
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3122 Posts

Profile of warren
Well I tried out my new rope routine at a gig tuesday evening which involves the spectator cutting the rope with an invisible knife and it went really well,meaning I don't usually get a round of applause for the rope just being cut but on that evening I got applause for the rope being cut on every table.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1929 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I saw Jeff Sheridan's Scissors and rope shortly after I began working it out myself. Not his knot penetration, of course, but the idea in general. I have adapted all the moves I liked in my ring and rope to it (Mostly from Flip), Then added Jeff's. One day when I get a digital camera I will try to upload something on You Tube. I think it looks really nice, and gives another angle for presentation.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread. But I do prefer cutting the rope, however I have nothing against the other way. Different tastes, that's all.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
erlandish
View Profile
Inner circle
Vancouver, Canada
1254 Posts

Profile of erlandish
Josh, are you talking about the Swan Lake rope routine? I can't speak for others, but I would absolutely LOVE to see a video of it, especially if you do it with that same attitude that he had...
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1929 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I don't do his routine at all. Aside from the fact that I can't be silent, I only use the knot penetration.

I was referring to my take on ring and rope using scissors. Nothing groundbreaking. Just as an alternative. I have a psychotic desire to try to make sure all my props can do more than one thing.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
erlandish
View Profile
Inner circle
Vancouver, Canada
1254 Posts

Profile of erlandish
Whoops. Misunderstood. Sorry about that.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Youtube video anyways, if you get around to it.
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Yikes! If you're going to try a ring (ala scissors) and rope routine be sure and do as Al and I do and round off the points!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » CNR rope without scissors -- more magical, or less? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL