The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental Force (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MANDRAGORE
View Profile
New user
N.Ireland
72 Posts

Profile of MANDRAGORE
I have seen Derren Brown's video,
(the devil's picture book) and I tried his mental forces for cards. I have to say that they are absolutely brilliant and they really blow people away.

Any other suggestion for mental force?

ben
Rob Wallis
View Profile
New user
The Other California
73 Posts

Profile of Rob Wallis
I would highly recommend Banachek's "Psychological Subtleties". It is chock-full of psychological forces, among other things.
Tig Wallis
The Comic Psychic
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
876 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
Yep, Banacek's book is all you need. It's a very worthwhile compilation of ALL the psychoforces worth knowing.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1234 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
...and then some!
brainman
View Profile
Special user
841 Posts

Profile of brainman
Non verbal forces often rule our life...just watch out for them...and use them !
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1234 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Sure, mental forces are great… “Think of a card colour, red or black, visualise it and make it as bright and as vivid as you can…” Of course, the chances are they are going to think of red (it’s a bit difficult to imagine “black” bright and vivid, isn’t it?

Unfortunately, the inherent problem with psychological forces as that they can, and do, go wrong. The real beauty in Banachek’s book is that there are loads of suggested “outs” so that even when you lose, you still win. Perhaps somebody could start a topic on “outs”?
Joe M. Turner
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta, Georgia
249 Posts

Profile of Joe M. Turner
I mentioned before that Howie Marmer has some lecture notes on a mental force.

You can contact him via http://www.howiethegreat.com

Tell him I sent you! Smile
Regards,
Joe M. Turner
[email]jmt@turnermagic.com[/email]
www.turnermagic.com
MANDRAGORE
View Profile
New user
N.Ireland
72 Posts

Profile of MANDRAGORE
i know the psychological subtleties, but iam sure that we can use words in order to direct the mind (unconsciously) towards words or actions desired by the mentalist.

thank you for your ideas

ben
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3054 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Am I the only person who finds Psychological Subtleties greatly overrated.Is there anyone in the developed world who doesnt know the 37 routine etc.
Karl Dellis
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Karl Dellis
Hello

Psychological subleties is an excellent book.

I however noticed big differences between the rates of success of various psychological forcing. Forcing concerning colours, figures, geometrical forms and the small drawings work very well. As regards vegetables it works less well . But maybe that it depends on the culture and the culinary customs of the region where you are!

Best regards,
Karl
Karl Dellis
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Karl Dellis
I have just read small remark concerning the fact that these forcing are not secure in 100 %.

Here is small very simple craftiness that I use. I like using forcing of geometrical figure and of small drawings. If I do not suceed "to guess" what the person has drawn I say simply : " Well, you see nobody can know the drawing on which YOU decided to make. This drawing is unique because it depends on your personality. There is no two of it identical over the world. So, it is not exchangeable with an other one. It is as your signature but better because it was unpredictable even for someone knowing you. This paper is so identified by you ". And I perform any other effect using this identified paper (naturally it is necessary that this identification plau a role in the routine).

Best regards,
Karl
Rob Wallis
View Profile
New user
The Other California
73 Posts

Profile of Rob Wallis
Quote:
On 2002-04-30 11:03, Martin Pulman wrote:
Am I the only person who finds Psychological Subtleties greatly overrated.Is there anyone in the developed world who doesnt know the 37 routine etc.

Of course, the basic "37" routine is somewhat common knowledge (at least among those who know magic). What Banachek has done has made in some cases improvements on the basic routines or created outs for them. He has indicated to me in the past that PS is a book not of effects, but ideas, that you should use to enhance your own creativity.
Tig Wallis
The Comic Psychic
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
If missing the force is a concern, then you either haven't read the aforementioned book, in which case you should read it, or you haven't read it fully, in which case you should re-read it. Do yourself a favor, you won't regret it :o)
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental Force (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL