The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mixed Emotions by Rick Maue (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BERMINI
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BERMINI
Any distant relative of KIOKU involved?
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2223 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
This will be great as I am a therapist and can incorporate it in my practice. Is it any less amazing to do it to a person one on one if I wince in pain and work like it's really hard to do, LOL?
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Can I ask, is there any possibility for adaption to the effect, to make for a DR type effect. I am thinking of a variation of reminiscence potentially here.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1116 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Bermini, no. Completely different from Kioku.

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12060 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2007-02-01 15:50, BERMINI wrote:
Any distant relative of KIOKU involved?

No! none.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12060 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2007-02-01 23:02, MagicBrent wrote:
This will be great as I am a therapist and can incorporate it in my practice. Is it any less amazing to do it to a person one on one if I wince in pain and work like it's really hard to do, LOL?

I suppose you could do it one on one. It's not designed that way and wouldn't have as much impact.

J
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1275 Posts

Profile of Jared
Can anyone tell me if this effect can be adapted for walk-around by making your own smaller-sized cards or a variation thereof?

-Jared
indomagic
View Profile
Special user
966 Posts

Profile of indomagic
You can use smaller size, but depends on how far you are with your audience.
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
I disagree; if you're doing it close-up, you've lost the most convincing aspect of the effect, namely that you're far away from the cards as all the selections are made. If you're standing right there at the table, the audience will logically suspect that you're using gaffed cards (which you're not.)

The elegance of the presentation is lost if you're too close. And smaller cards won't help the effect either if you think it through.
“You are what you pretend to be.”
westo
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
461 Posts

Profile of westo
I perform this close up using cards I adapted myself, the 'Emotion' part is still there only, I use scenes from movies all can relate to. My cards are around the size of poker cards for less pocket space and at the right moment I can still walk away a few feet. I have had no problems up to now with the card size although I can see how this is a possible problem.
A great release by Rick, simple and mindblowing.
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek' and 'The Westo Dump'
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Just received Rick's "Mixed Emotions." I suppose using poker size cards is fine for walk-around or one-on-one situations; however, the cards provided will still fit quite nicely in a jacket (business suit or sport coat) pocket and IMO make the effect play much better in even a walk-around or table-to-table performance (assuming that you can engage the requisite number of participants) even though it is clearly designed/intended for a stage/platform/cabaret presentation which is where it would achieve maximum impact. While it could be adapted for close-up or one-on-one situations IMO doing so would fail to take advantage of the full potential of what is a real "killer" effect.
Dick Christian
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12060 Posts

Profile of John C
Technically the answer is yes you can perform this closeup if you want.

J
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Can someone advise whether the initial participant freely selects one of the 5 emotions of his/her choice or whether the selection is made without knowing which emotion is being selected. Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mixed Emotions by Rick Maue (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL