The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Another Gem in The Linking Ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2043 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
There's no real purpose to this post other than for me to just say that every so often comes along a real gem of a trick/routine in TLR. This January 2007 has an effect called "One Diary - One Deck" which is just an outstanding mentalism routine. I've made one or two small adjustments to fit my personal style, but I could easily see this going into my parlor show eventually. Has anybody else seen this routine or see as much potential in it as I do?
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I've not read this one yet, but you're right. The Linking Ring magazine is full of magical "gems."

Whenever I'm looking for something new to do, I can count on finding something in a back issue.

Mark.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Our Ring has a theme of The Linking Ring for our February meeting, and I found a very nice reworking of something that I have always wanted to build in a recent issue. I am being cryptic, but when it is all done and performed, I will post photos.

TLR is a great resource. There is nothing like sitting down with a stack of them and mining for gems.

Yours,

Paul
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Has anyone tried my coin in plastic bottle routine last Novemembers' issue?. I showed this to Obie Obrian at 4f two years ago. I was told that I am the first person to get the signed coin out of the bottle without cutting the bottle in half. If you like the routine let me know. I have been using it now for about three years now. I would take any suggestions on making it better. Thanks

Bairefoot
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Here's what we found in The Linking Ring:

http://www.ibmring362.org/reports/RR013.html

Check out the photo of my Chest of Destiny!

Here's a closeup:

http://www.memoryelixir.com/props/chestofdestiny.html

Yours,

Paul
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1264 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Anyone have a comment on Brian's reason for starting this thread? He was looking for comments on "One Diary - One Deck".
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Quote:
On 2007-03-22 21:16, Steve Hook wrote:
Anyone have a comment on Brian's reason for starting this thread? He was looking for comments on "One Diary - One Deck".

Yeah, I was looking for some serious input on this one. I have this marked for
an up coming performance/competition at my local IBM.

My only problem...is it ok to have spectator count out loud 51 cards? For entertainment's sake, wouldn't it draw out the performance and maybe bore some?

Also would it be better to pull out the envelope from the get go?
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
This is a GRWAT trick and I plan to make one up real soon...
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
A very good routine. Well worth the effort! Good luck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Another Gem in The Linking Ring (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL