The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Pre (informal)-show work - what would you do (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

peteton
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of peteton
G'day,

not sure if this is the right place for this, my first post, but here it is anyway...

say you were going to dinner at someone's house and you had access to the room beforehand. Maybe its a friend or family member where you often go over. Knowing that you would perform something after dinner, WHAT WOULD YOU SET UP? If you could plant a card in a drawer, a coin in a loaf of bread, a gaffed book on the bookshelf, something in the lightfitting, put a number on speed dial on their homephone or whatever it was ... WHAT WOULD YOU DO and HOW WOULD YOU USE IT IN A TRICK LATER?

or say it was a bigger performance and you could plant something under a chair or around the room ... WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

this is something I day dream about a lot but don't feel I have ever fully tapped the potential of this little bit of pre-show work...

any ideas?

pete
thoughtsexplorer
View Profile
Elite user
Elite... not D-Lite!
424 Posts

Profile of thoughtsexplorer
Try to get Derren Brown's "absolute magic". You'll find a bunch of thoughts and ideas.
cartoon cowboy
View Profile
Regular user
Lancaster, PA
104 Posts

Profile of cartoon cowboy
This isn't pre-prep for someone else's place, but in college I set up predictions for my pop-eyed popper deck's force card. The predictions were EVERYWHERE. I pretended to think about the card they chose, and in the process, I 'inadvertantly' revealled it everywhere, seemingly without noticing. It culminated with tossing the deck in the air and having the prediction stick to the ceiling (it was stuck there all along).

But my favorite of the predictions was cutting paper slats that make the card and attaching them to the louvre-type shutters on the window. I started by lighting a candle 'for concentration', then later noted that the breeze was affecting my candle, and my powers. I reached back and slammed shut the shutters, thus creating a 2 foot tall prediction staring at them. For comedy, I did it with my back to the window, and continued as if I still didn't know what their card was.

Hope this wasn't too off the mark!

- Erick
Happy Trails,
- CC Smile
Erick Hershey
magic.hersheyarts.com
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
A poster sized, elaborately decorated "secret prediction" for Pre-Deck-Ability. I just have this image in my head of me opening up the prediction that can be read a mile away.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Pre (informal)-show work - what would you do (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL