The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Mental Ice Breaker Alternative Props and "Gimmicks" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
I've ordered the Mental Ice Breaker, by Cobalt Magic -- see one for example at http://www.thecentertear.com/full/Magic-Tricks-Magic-Books-Magic-DVDs-Mental-Ice-Breaker-Cobalt-Magic__2162.htm.

There has been a discussion on the MC at http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=67244&forum=109, but it doesn't really address my question, which is whether there is another way to present the props other than "tiles" which would still enable one to do the effect.

This would necessarily involve home-made alternatives, unless there are appropriate readily available objects.

Any ideas?

For example, if in a restaurant or bar, it would seem that coasters would be normally found objects. Also,
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
. . . (oops fingers were too fast)

Also, any ideas about good uses for this effect in a non-mentalism context? Seems like a great trick for boy scouts or young students.

Regards
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Not having seen the tiles themselves to know what they look like, there are several ways you might take it, provided the materials were available for you to make the needed two tiems.
I can think of "stones" from location (wherever- on this planet, or another) with unusual properties;
One could be from someone who did not go to the happy place after death, as evidenced by the "heat" projected onto the ice, etc.;
One could use them like a "finding device" or sort of "lie detector effect.
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
K -- these are great ideas. A lot of food for thought.

Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Mental Ice Breaker Alternative Props and "Gimmicks" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL