The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Bruno Nolo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
A friend just brought over "The Classical Technique of Fire Eating" by Gerald Taylor withBruno Nolo's "Living Statue Fire Act".

Any information on this act (which is fire eating by a very "manly man"....
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I have the book, which is mighty ok, but never saw the act. The bowl-spinning sounds beautiful.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
tim_mantis
View Profile
Regular user
UK
117 Posts

Profile of tim_mantis
Taylor first published this book in 1973 as a limited edition of 500 copies before he sold the rights to Mickey Hades, who produced the newer version. Taylor developed the revolving fire bowls effect along with the rest of the fire eating act and taught it to Bruno Nolo. I've never seen any footage of the act but I reckon some must exist somewhere, as I believe it was performed on Australian TV at one point.

I've got a copy of the book from the original 500 print run and some correspondence between Taylor and english music-hall fire eater Jon Gresham in my fire eating collection. The correspondence precedes the writing of the book and gives some great history of the book and Bruno's act. I'll dig them out next time I'm home if anyone wants to know anything more concrete. The last reference I found relating to Bruno Nolo suggests that he manages a fitness centre somewhere in Victoria, Australia (makes sense if you've seen the photos of him!)

Would love to hear if anyone ever saw the act...
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
I'd love to know more concrete info--as much as possible. Thanks!

Jeremy
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Bruno Nolo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL