The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dealer Item? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

psi-co
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
134 Posts

Profile of psi-co
Hi,

According to page 14 of Borodin's Final Curtain there is a dealer item that gives the effect of a liquid visualy vanishing from a glass... ie... the liquid diminishes without the performer coming near the glass, as if it is being drunk by an unseen presence.

Does anyone here know the name of the effect (perhaps a link too)?

I am familiar with the workings of the Crystal Glass (with m****r) - this is not it though. With the Crystal Glass the performer has to turn the glass around.

Thanx
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
We use that same glass in our Sefalaljia Revisited routine (The Wizards' Journal # 10 on my site). In Stewart James' original routine, a Demuth Milk Bottle was used for the effect. The modern equivalent is the "Wonder Glass" put out by Uday and others. Click on the link below and do a search for Wonder Glass to find one for under $10.00.

http://tinyurl.com/cjqdr
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
psi-co
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
134 Posts

Profile of psi-co
Thanx for the info Professor... much appreciated.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24227 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Thanks for posting that. I was wondering where to get these, myself. The original DeMuth glass was somewhat more complex and has been almost impossible to obtain for a long time.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
akc22
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of akc22
Abbott's Pixie Glass also provides the same effect, and is similar to the milk bottle.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4204 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I'm not thrilled with the Wonder Glass from India...it is plastic, in 2 parts and while it does the effect somewhat...being plastic the seal is just not tight and it feels flimsy.
I want this in actual glass... Is the Pixie glass...glass?
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
2987 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), both at Penguin.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4204 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Thanks Neil!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dealer Item? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL