The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Wallets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
AndrewG
View Profile
Regular user
UK
101 Posts

Profile of AndrewG
Could someone give me a brief run through on Balducci, Kaps (?samething) and Himber and the other important types of wallet for magic.

How do they differ? What are their main applications? Differences between palm and no palm needed types.

My specific interest is in palming a card for a revelation from zipped wallet pocket BUT I really would like to know about the other types of wallets and their uses as well .

Thank you. Please PM me if some explanation too sensitive.

Thank you Smile
Andrew
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
You need "The Card To Wallet Book" by Mentzer. All, and more, is explained.
Ted (Leondo)
AndrewG
View Profile
Regular user
UK
101 Posts

Profile of AndrewG
Thanks Leondo. I was beginning to think I had asked the question that should not be asked from the lack of replies or PMs
Andrew
Ian Richards
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of Ian Richards
The contents of "Card To Wallet" by Jerry Mentzer (and many other magic books) are listed on Doug Atkinson's Magic Reference Page:
http://magicref.tripod.com/magic0.htm
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
I wouldn't think it inappropriate to talk about different kinds of wallets here on this board; however, I myself can only help a little.

First, there is the ordinary wallet. This can be used for many effects, such as Kolassal Killer and the Card to Wallet effect that Peter Marucci has described here at the Café.

Then there are exchange wallets, like the Himber wallet, that can help in transformation effects and torn-and-restored effects, among others.

Sorry, but I don't know the difference between Kaps, Mullica, and other styles of wallets, but I am sure that magic dealers can at least explain the effects for you.

Peace,

alleycat Smile
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
longbeach
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Ont
141 Posts

Profile of longbeach
Do a search on card to wallet. There are thousands of posts on the matter.
AndrewG
View Profile
Regular user
UK
101 Posts

Profile of AndrewG
Thanks Longbeach.

I have.They presume you know the difference between a Mullica, Real Man and Balducci.

Hence the post
Andrew
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
Don't overlook the archives. Mumblepeas posted a few very thorough and informative review of wallets. His no-palm card to wallet, review was fantastic.
Yakworld.
Danno
View Profile
New user
Boston
94 Posts

Profile of Danno
I have the BKM wallet, which is a combination of a few different kinds. It's a really good wallet, but a bit pricey- about $70.00
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Does anyone use the Bendix wallet and could you please comment on the versatility of this wallet? Where is the best place to buy one and who is making the best one on the market? This wallet issue has me confused also. A magic friend insists this is the way to go. I somehow don't think so. It will be used as a no palm to the wallet with card.

Scott
Wallace
View Profile
Loyal user
Bangor, Northern Ireland
208 Posts

Profile of Wallace
Scott, Roy Roth makes the Bombshell in the UK, excellent quality too! Smile Check his site http://www.rarmagic.com
Wallace B
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
In terms of the Bendix Bombshell style of Himber wallet, I believe that the Camirand Academy’s “Elite Himber-Bomb Wallet” is one of the best. (see it at http://www.camirandmagic.com

My rational is based on the placement of the zipper. In the “normal” bombshell the zipper is placed toward the inside or fold of the wallet. The placement is (for me) awkward. The Camirand version has placed the zipper to the outside edge. It is very easy to do the work with and in general less fumbling.

For a killer card to wallet (no palm, signed) using the Bombshell wallet, see John Mendoza’s “Book of John, Verse 2”.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
I want to thank you Wallace and Harry for the comments and info. I will certainly check out the web site and also John Mendoza's "Book of John".

Scott
atkinsod
View Profile
Regular user
VA
196 Posts

Profile of atkinsod
On my non-commercial website, I have a brief overview of the different wallet types, much of the information gathered from Magic Café and Mentzer's Card to Wallet Book. As I try to keep the site "non-exposure", the descriptions are not highly detailed. There is also a reference page that lists the many different wallets, videos, and books available.

http://magicref.tripod.com/magref/artwallet.htm

Hope this helps!

Doug A.
Torkova
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
192 Posts

Profile of Torkova
I prefer a LePaul wallet which requires palming. I also always use an envelope inside of it for the card to appear in. I've tried it both ways (with and without an envelope) and the difference in audience reaction is night and day. I know a number of performers who say that an envelope isn't necessary but I think that they just don't want to go to the extra trouble in using one. Granted, a card to wallet without using an envelope is a good trick but with an envelope you can make it into a real miracle.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I strongly agree with Torkova! I perform both versions. I will perform a no envelope version using a hip-pocket “loader” style wallet in some casual venues where a larger “gentleman’s” wallet is simply out of character. And I perform a card to envelope version using a LePaul type gentleman’s wallet in venues that are more formal (and keeping in character). Both get good reactions. However, my subjective experience is that I get a stronger reaction from the signed card to envelope version of the effect.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
Andrew,

You should also check out Jerry O'Connell, who makes some excellent wallets and leather goods. His website may be found at http://www.leatherjerry.com/.
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
kpkilburn
View Profile
New user
Ft. Bragg, NC
23 Posts

Profile of kpkilburn
I've found that one of the Rolfs brand wallets (I got mine at J.C. Penny) is also an excellent Mullica-style wallet. It's certainly "natural" because it is actually a real wallet.

You of course have to modify it by adding a zipper to the inner wallet, but that's easily done with fabric glue in about 1/2 hour.
Gerald
View Profile
Veteran user
Arkansas
325 Posts

Profile of Gerald
Andrew-
I agree with both Torkova and Harry. The
LePaul is hard to beat. The Kaps wallet is best when the situation demands instant reset and many repetitions. I've looked at many others, but IMO, these are still the best and most practical.

Good luck Andrew!

Gerald
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Has anyone tried the Mirage Wallet? Read many good reviews on it, any complaints about it? I'm thinking of getting it since it'll be more angle proof.. I already have a wallet which requires palming AND a coat/jacket.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Wallets (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL