The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Milk to lightbulb (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
I have a video of Mr. Electric on the Garry Moore show,he is doing a milk to light bulb effect. He Has a big milk pitcher which I have been looking for and can't find. I have seen a small lamp but nothing as big as Mr. Electrics light bulb.Does anyone know of a similar effect.I am not looking to copy his routine but am looking for similar props.
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Seems like I remember reading that most of Marvyn's stuff was made for him by Merv Taylor, a looonngg time ago.
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
Tilfords has different sizes of lamps for this effect I believe.

Take care,

Bryan
tilford
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of tilford
Hello,

Yes, we have 2 sizes on my website of Remote Milk in Light Bulb

thank you doug
http://www.tilfordillusions.com
magician@tilfordillusions.com
Phone (386) 322-7308
Fax (386) 761-3973
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20494 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Michael,

Someone somewhere still has a Super Leprechaun Pitcher. Ask around. They last forever.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3617 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Magicdoctor:

I have one of Tilford's milk in bulb outfits and it's really nice. You can use as big a bulb that will fit in the lamp. PM me if you want the details.

Jim
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
Thanks everyone for your help
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
I second the Tilford Milk to Lightbulb. We use it a lot in our family stage shows. I really like the remote and would love to buy another one if anyone knows where to get them.

Be prepared to buy or make extra milk bulbs. Nothing against the manufacturer or seller, but they are light bulbs and tend to break when you drop them accidently, not on purpose and otherwise just before a show because you weren't thinking and......Ooops, sorry about the ramble, post traumatic ever since the breaking of the light bulb accidently, not on purpose just before the show.....

All the best,

Rob
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Always loved the effect, especially when Mr. E. would would empty the bulb out with milk splashing everywhere. Wonder if this endeared him to stage hands, or dancers that may have followed. Get his biography, great read about a great act.
Also his video from Stephens was excellent for stage performers.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3617 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Rob:

The remote is the best on the market and I would like to have a spare too. Maybe Doug would be willing to sell just the remote switch. Doug????

Spare bulbs are easy to make, if you don't know how let me know.

Jim
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Hi Jim,

You're right, the bulbs aren't that difficult to make once you get the hang of it. It did take two or three to get that hang though!

All the best,

Rob
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1900 Posts

Profile of chmara
Please watch Mr. Electric again. It is not so much the size of the bulb (bigger is better for large audiences, however) but the MANNER OF THE POUR.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
His pour is wonderful when he walks out with the pitcher of milk he spills some of it then after he pours the milk into the paper cone some dribbles out and then bam it's all in the bulb.I have to admit the first time I saw this I was totally fooled.
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
I recently purchased the Mikame version of Milk to Light Bulb. Unfortunately, the instructions are written only in Japanese and I'm unable to figure out a couple of aspects to the trick.

If someone owns this, I'd be eternally grateful for a PM from them.

So many thanks!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Milk to lightbulb (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL