The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Cool Tube Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nola
View Profile
New user
Nyack, NY
42 Posts

Profile of nola
Hi,

I have seen Johnny Thompson do his act on a few occasions. His finale is incredible: He has a silver tube that he shows unmistakably empty -it hinges open and closed. There is nothing in the tube. Then he begins to produce streamers from the tube. I mean he fills a large stage from left to right with these streamers. Then all is gathered and he produces a bowling ball form the silks.

My question: What is that tube called and where can I get one?

Thanks,
nola
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
NOLA,

I have sent you an email to your BellSouth address. BellSouth is not working here today (again). I hope it makes it.

They don't make folks better than Johnny and Pam Thompson.

Last week I was doing magic things in Louisianna. Sorry I missed you.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

---------------------------------------------
Posted: Jan 22, 2007 1:55pm

Sorry NOLA,

Your BellSouth email isn't working either. The message got sent back to me. Please email me from Yahoo (like I did) or something that actually works.

BellSouth email was never very good but since they were taken over by AT&T they don't even respond to emails or calls from customers anymore. My BellSouth email hasn't worked since Thursday. Perhaps AT&T stands for All Thumbs & Talk? It's certainly time to dump the stock and invest in their replacement.

Well this topic was already about "tubes". Going down!

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
It's called the Genii Tube. You're on your own for producing the Bowling Ball.

http://tinyurl.com/2zavwj

If you want to make a Genii Tube out of Hardboard and Duct Tape, it's included in Jim Gerrish's book 2 by the same name on my site.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
nola
View Profile
New user
Nyack, NY
42 Posts

Profile of nola
Thank you.
I have a couple of ideas on the bowling ball but it's the tube that I want.
thanks!

nola
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
BINGO!

Professor Spellbinder to the rescue!

Nola,

Johnny uses the bowling ball to carry out the Polish theme. Anything would work. It's a dead load. It could be a bucket of chicken! Gallon of milk! Car battery!

Have fun.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
nola
View Profile
New user
Nyack, NY
42 Posts

Profile of nola
I don't know about a bucket of chicken...seems kinda foul to me.

I'm not particularly looking to duplicate Mr. Thompson's routine, just produce a bunch of silks. I have my own ideas on how to "finish" the trick off. The Genii Tube is the cleanest production of that many silks I have seen (short of a barehanded silk fountain sort of thing) And it looks great. At one point in the Thompson routine I was looking into the bottom of the tube and it appeared empty - all the while there are yards and yards of silk coming out of the other end. It really looked magical.

Good stuff and thanks for all the help.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Cool Tube Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL