We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » I have challenged Mr. Randi » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..44~45~46
HollyMental
View Profile
Elite user
OR
423 Posts

Profile of HollyMental
Quote:
On 2007-07-06 00:25, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Holly you are your opionion but it may not be thruth.

J ack

H.O.A-X


Really? What’s the truth, Jim?
The devil can advocate for himself.
human
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of human
You guys should be on South Park this October. Can't wait to see that.

http://www.poster.net/south-park/south-p......0222.jpg

Click here to view attached image.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Holly, I remember those posts. It was pretty obvious that chichi realsied he made a mistake, but decided to keep it up instead of admiting it.

It reminds me of the Deja Vu thread, when I asked Jim to make the screen of the video larger so people could see it better, and chichi suddenly jumped on it and accused me of stuff. When I tried to explain that I really loved the idea of the video and my only problem is that I can't see it clearly, he still kept accusing me of being negative. After awhile he changed the reasons and said that it doesn't have much to do with that thread, but that he was talking in general.

But it had everything to do with that thread, he just tried to find an excuse when he realised what was going on.

As you can see, chichi doesn't like admiting mistakes and will find a way to put it all on you eventually.
Powers of the Mime
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Powers of the Mime
This thread is ridiculous!

We have Holly Mental flaming Chichi for a week, calling him a liar on an open forum, open to the world, for what? For effect, that’s what. Her reasoning is bologna with a capital Oscar Mayer! Buddy, you are some piece of work!

Holly Mental you ask people here if they are real, then for proof. Are you for real, if so give us proof. I think you’re a cartoon.

:clown:
A mime is a terrible thing to waste.
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Folks:

I agree with those who have observed how low this thread has sunk.

I, for one, won't post on it any more.

Perhaps we can all end this now.

Nobody is going to "win," and we are ALL going to lose - our valuable time, effort, and the opportunity to discuss more valuable topics and help each other in the pursuit of our art.

Agreed?

For the betterment of the Café,
Arnon
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
I must offer that this thread is of great value.
Many have learned from it and the exhibits offered for consideration.

Just like in the Final Leap of Faith thread.

However I do agree that it is time to move on.

Thanks for participating.

J ack

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
HollyMental
View Profile
Elite user
OR
423 Posts

Profile of HollyMental
Quote:
On 2007-07-06 07:29, DJM wrote:
Holly, I remember those posts. It was pretty obvious that chichi realsied he made a mistake, but decided to keep it up instead of admiting it.

It reminds me of the Deja Vu thread, when I asked Jim to make the screen of the video larger so people could see it better, and chichi suddenly jumped on it and accused me of stuff. When I tried to explain that I really loved the idea of the video and my only problem is that I can't see it clearly, he still kept accusing me of being negative. After awhile he changed the reasons and said that it doesn't have much to do with that thread, but that he was talking in general.

But it had everything to do with that thread, he just tried to find an excuse when he realised what was going on.

As you can see, chichi doesn't like admiting mistakes and will find a way to put it all on you eventually.


DJM, thank you. Yes, I’m sure you’re right.

Quote:
On 2007-07-06 09:12, Powers of the Mime wrote:
This thread is ridiculous!

We have Holly Mental flaming Chichi for a week, calling him a liar on an open forum, open to the world, for what? For effect, that’s what. Her reasoning is bologna with a capital Oscar Mayer! Buddy, you are some piece of work!

Holly Mental you ask people here if they are real, then for proof. Are you for real, if so give us proof. I think you’re a cartoon.

:clown:



PotM, I most certainly did NOT flame Chichi. I didn’t think it was that big of a deal and it would have been long moved on from were it not for Chichi’s relentless posting on the matter. He was sidetracking what Jim and I were discussing in the first place and it was a waste of time for Chichi to keep pursuing the matter. If you look back, you’ll see that I tried to avoid the whole thing but Chichi wouldn’t let it go.

Where were you when I was getting called a racist for just questioning people’s psychic powers? No one jumped up to defend me from that ridiculous allegation. This thread is about testing psychic powers. Yet, even the slightest discussion of those abilities and testing them - which is what this thread is about - has gotten me called nasty names such as racist.

Quote:
On 2007-07-06 11:09, arnon wrote:
Folks:

I agree with those who have observed how low this thread has sunk.

I, for one, won't post on it any more.

Perhaps we can all end this now.

Nobody is going to "win," and we are ALL going to lose - our valuable time, effort, and the opportunity to discuss more valuable topics and help each other in the pursuit of our art.

Agreed?

For the betterment of the Café,
Arnon


Arnon, thank you for your post.

This thread should never have been started in the first place. The originator of this thread - and Jim as well - have both expressed the intention of claiming a prize that’s meant for people with authentic paranormal abilities, although Jim never actually even applied for it. Most of the nonsense on this thread was due to either a claimant’s wishy-washy claims or someone else wishing to sidetrack the issue.

In any event, this thread never had anything to do with mentalism and I’m perfectly willing to let it go.

I apologize for allowing myself to be sucked into some of the nonsense but honestly, I don’t think I said anything that didn’t need to be said - minus the Chichi thing, which would have ended days ago were it not continued at Chichi’s insistence.


Holly
The devil can advocate for himself.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
No Holly what you did was interact and that was of value to the others.

And you are incorrect, this thread has a great deal to do with mentalism and once you learn more you may or may not recognise that.

And as of yet you nor anyone else has proven they can do what I can.

Thanks for playing and taking part.

J ack

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Holly in NO way was that a lie. You took what I was saying as a direct response to ONLY YOU. I said in my follow up I added the gold lettering because Jim said he would tell you the colors. I was only making a point of what would impress me and asked if it would impress you? It was simple

I fell off my chair laughing at your post. I honestly can not believe that is what you were talking about. That was tooooooo much!!! I am done with this thread. I am done with you and Arnon. You both keep asking people to back up caims. You toss enough crap out and hope somethings sticks (you can tell lawyer boy did his homework before he took the bar) You throw out childish insults calling me a liar and Jim a punk etc etc. Neither of you are worth my thought or breath. In my opinion you both have some serious issues. From standing afar I would guess you both are very lonley and depressed people. I hope I am wrong with that assumption.

Have a good one.

Nate
Powers of the Mime
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Powers of the Mime
Quote:
On 2007-07-06 12:08, HollyMental wrote:
PotM, I most certainly did NOT flame Chichi. I didn’t think it was that big of a deal and it would have been long moved on from were it not for Chichi’s relentless posting on the matter. He was sidetracking what Jim and I were discussing in the first place and it was a waste of time for Chichi to keep pursuing the matter. If you look back, you’ll see that I tried to avoid the whole thing but Chichi wouldn’t let it go.

Where were you when I was getting called a racist for just questioning people’s psychic powers? No one jumped up to defend me from that ridiculous allegation. This thread is about testing psychic powers. Yet, even the slightest discussion of those abilities and testing them - which is what this thread is about - has gotten me called nasty names such as racist.



Buddy, you say you did not flame the guy? “Liar” may be a term of endearment in the Twilight Zone, but here on planet Earth, it’s an insult.
Grow up!
(Can't believe I wrote that. LOL)

Sorry, I cannot be bothered to read anymore of your hate filled rambling. Gotta fly, a mime has to eat, and skate!

:clown:
A mime is a terrible thing to waste.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Nate,

They thought they were up to the game and have my respect for playing.

And they have proven my point and I thank them for that.

I am the best in the world at what I do!


J ack

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I agree 100% Jim
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
I thank you for playing just as Randi did.

Why does it bother you I can do as I say I can?

You should be happy.

J ack

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Jim, don't think that I take your arrogant posts seriously, because I doubt you really mean these things. It's part of your "character" as some people have said before. And I doubt you take mine seriously, or at least I hope so.

I just find it pretty sad that you can't step away from the character for a few seconds and speak as Jim Callahan. I don't think I've seen any real post from you so far. Andy kaufman was great at these kind of things, to blur the line between his characters with his true self. But at least he was good at that.. Smile
HollyMental
View Profile
Elite user
OR
423 Posts

Profile of HollyMental
Quote:
On 2007-07-06 12:55, chichi711 wrote:
Holly in NO way was that a lie. You took what I was saying as a direct response to ONLY YOU. I said in my follow up I added the gold lettering because Jim said he would tell you the colors. I was only making a point of what would impress me and asked if it would impress you? It was simple

I fell off my chair laughing at your post. I honestly can not believe that is what you were talking about. That was tooooooo much!!! I am done with this thread. I am done with you and Arnon. You both keep asking people to back up caims. You toss enough crap out and hope somethings sticks (you can tell lawyer boy did his homework before he took the bar) You throw out childish insults calling me a liar and Jim a punk etc etc. Neither of you are worth my thought or breath. In my opinion you both have some serious issues. From standing afar I would guess you both are very lonley and depressed people. I hope I am wrong with that assumption.

Have a good one.

Nate


Chichi, I only called you a liar because you…well…you lied. Your explanation that you just added the gold lettering because Jim mentioned colors doesn’t hold water and can’t be true. I told Jim just black rectangle wouldn’t be enough for a Bible. Jim then said he could draw a picture and name colors. I said I would accept that. That was the end of it. You then started with your nonsense. You were wrong and you just can’t admit it. If you think liar is too strong of a word, well, then try just sticking to the truth. In my mind, if you say something that isn’t true deliberately for the purpose of obfuscating an issue, you lied.

Like I said, it wasn’t that big of a deal to me. If it bugs you that badly, simply be honest from now on and it won’t happen again. You sure do get offended easily for someone who thinks everything is joke.

As far as not believing that’s what I was talking about, you should have. After all, you responded at the time and made quite a big deal out of it. I even apologized for hurting your feelings but you said your feelings weren’t hurt. Then you made no mention of it until a page later when you became obsessed with it. YOU were the one making a big deal out of it.

Oh, and anyone with a post count in excess of 4000 posts - who makes a big deal out of an already resolved issue - is obviously the lonely depressed one here.


Holly
The devil can advocate for himself.
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
Why, oh why isn't this locked?
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Today I was on a bus in Dallas when a black man mistook me for a Mexican. He went on and on about the crackers.

I didn't care.

Why do any of you care what others think? If someone calls you a racist why do you care? Are you really concerned that someone you will never meet and may never get along with called you a name?

There seems to be a great deal of approval seeking or trying to look smart going on...combined with a significant amount of ego self-gratification.

I ran the posts for the last thirty days on a few of you...most of it is just arguing. There has to be a better way for you guys to stroke your egos.

I've been called many things for various reasons.

Call 1-800-IDON'TCARE.

Seriously...some people are way too sensitive.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » I have challenged Mr. Randi » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..44~45~46
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL