The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Fred Kaps .... Just Amazing To Watch.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
639 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
If Mr. Kaps told you firsthand, then I am probably wrong; sorry to spread misinformation. I will watch the DVD again tonight. (But as I remember it, it is seamless. It doesn't look pre-recorded, if you know what I mean.)

Can you imagine having to follow The Beatles?
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Can you imagine having to follow Fred Kaps?
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4963 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Fred Kaps did some incredible magic in Sweden 1956 at Swedish Magic Circle's jubilee meeting in Stockholm. A magician from Sweden: El Globo told me that Fred was at his peak that year and the next, but, he was always great.

He also did his famous card in wallet, it was a sensation at that time.
The card was signed and showed up in an sealed envelope in a sealed compartment in his wallet. They talked about Fred Kaps magic for years in Sweden...

El Globo saw him at Bill Larsen´s parties performing the best close up magic he ever seen. He did for an example; extraordinary Silver Coins through Table, Floating Cork etc.
He also had an incredible presentation for the Chinese Sticks.
aiturran
View Profile
Loyal user
Santiago, Chile
260 Posts

Profile of aiturran
I didn't know that about the presentation of Ed Sullivan, that clears my doubts why the audience was quite silent and didn't respond to the jokes.
Salt Pour and Homing Card routines were very entertaining, always get a laugh out of people, so I always thought that audience were strange.
Thanks Mr. Biro for that info.
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
I saw that broadcast and may be only teenager who tuned in to see Kaps and not the Beatles

Gil Scott
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1688 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I think I've mentioned this before, but I'll say it again: that has to be the very worst introduction for a magician. I'm not talking about being on before or after the Beatles, it's Ed Sullivan's intro that is just dire: talk about killing an act before he's come out!

Anyway, this clip is well-known now: does anyone have any links to any other performances by the maestro?
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4963 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
I don't know if that is the worst introduction I was once introduce by the boss telling the audience that there would be more layoffs on Monday.

Gil Scott
steve_sargent
View Profile
New user
Steve Sargent
89 Posts

Profile of steve_sargent
"Just Amazing To Watch" LOL! Get this clown off of my TV and bring on The Beatles!(a tuff gig, granted) Cute, but certainly not amazing. Maybe I'm just too stupid to appreciate good magic when I see it Smile
"Easy to do and completely angle proof"
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I used to spend entire days at the Museum of Radio and Television in NYC watching those clips, and of many other magicians. You were only to view four tapes per session, then you had to return them before you could take others. You were not allowed to take them off site, they would assign you a viewing booth and you had to stay there. Man, it was a Looooong process. Now I am happy that places like YouTube exist! One of the best things about the Internet!!!
John Heggie
View Profile
Inner circle
Huntersville, NC
1805 Posts

Profile of John Heggie
Thanks for the clips

~John
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2007-04-18 18:57, steve_sargent wrote:
"[...] Cute, but certainly not amazing. Maybe I'm just too stupid to appreciate good magic when I see it. "

I'll tell you what is amazing: that such a statement would come from someone with a signature that reads: "Presentation is 9/10ths of the law".

Now THAT is amazing.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
natmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
295 Posts

Profile of natmagic
Thanks for the clips. I own the Fred Kaps DVD and I can never get enough of him. one of the best EVER
aiturran
View Profile
Loyal user
Santiago, Chile
260 Posts

Profile of aiturran
Homing Card explanation from Trickshop.com isn't the same that Fred Kaps uses.
But it hasn't been necessary to read it, as I figured out the handling from watching his videos. It's remarkable how simple but how effective it is.
Truly a master.

Antonio
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
I hate to say it but I'm a sucker for the classics.

Best
Brandon
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
aiturran
View Profile
Loyal user
Santiago, Chile
260 Posts

Profile of aiturran
That's good Brandon!
I'm a sucker for those too!
Geraldo78
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
16 Posts

Profile of Geraldo78
Thanks very much for the Clips!!

Can remember, when Fred was coming on our Dutch tv,
we where in front of it 1 hour before the programm started.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'm just curious. I usually just ignore any comments left on youtube videos but I did notice that some of them say that Ed Sullivan gave him a bad intro. What did he say?

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
That was great. Thank you.
montemagic
View Profile
Elite user
San Diego, CA
471 Posts

Profile of montemagic
Quote:
On 2007-05-29 01:04, Jaxon wrote:
I'm just curious. I usually just ignore any comments left on youtube videos but I did notice that some of them say that Ed Sullivan gave him a bad intro. What did he say?

Ron Jaxon

"Now Here...

QUIET!

Here's a very amusing magician. We saw him in Europe ...(mumble)...Fred Kaps...
He tries a card trick and gets nothing but Kings and Queens. He tries to get rid of a salt cellar and can't get rid of the salt. Here he is, Fred Kaps."

It really could have been a better intro.
Aim To Amaze
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Fred Kaps .... Just Amazing To Watch.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL