The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » This 'is' a 'serious'question. How if "Accidently" you put someone under, how do you get them out of (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
For a Comedy Series"....NO!!!!! ...lol.

Look, I posted this just NOW as a seperate single post. I will copy & paste what I wrote in case no looks at the original post.

I got this really good book by Michael Preston J.D., PHD

(I took Suspectacts suggestion and got two books on interlibrary loan. I tried to PM him but couldn't. In case he's reading I saw your act. It was very funny. I especially like the part where they are using their shoes as phone. I cracked up!!! I wish on the vidoe I could've seen the induction technique though. PM me if you like.)

Here's the post.

"The book is called Hypnosis : Medicine Of The Mind.

In Brief : The guy got a Doctorate at Marquette University, and U Penn. He's studied with Dr. Lewis Wolberg, Dr. William Bryan Jr, at the College of Medical Hypnotists, and The American School, of Hypnotists. HE's recieved the National Educator's Award, and FOUNDED in 1968 the Institute of Medical Hypnosis.

The book covers....

Induction Techniques
Deepening Processes
Tests For Hypnotic Depths
Psychoneuroimmunology
Age Regression
Hypnotherapy
Self-Hypnosis
Special Treatment For : Alchohol, Asthma, Choking, Depression, Drugs, Frigidity, Gagging, Impotency, Insomnia, Pain, Stuttering, Weight Loss.

Anyway if you look at my previous posts on Hypnosis you can see where I was niave. I had so many misconception, like Hypnosis is very dangerous. It's NOT, it as been accepted in the Medical Community since 1958. The word Mesmer came from Franz Anton Mesmer...ect. The book has 300 pages I'm ONLY up to 50 pages I'm NOT even up to the induction Techniques. I'm read the Definition of Hypnosis, in which this guy asked a panel, and he got 5 different answers. Dr. Preston's definition is "Hypnosis is then a state of awareness dominated by the Subconcious Mind".

You see I thought like so many that Hypnosis is a trance, a form of sleep...ect, when in ACTUALITY you are MORE aware, and NOT asleep. Also ANYONE can be Hypnotized if they are of average intelligence, and WILLING to follow instruction. As everyone here knows you have TWO minds. The Conscious MInd, and the Subconcious MInd. Basically Hypnosis is Deep Concentration, and Relaxation. You try to cut off the Conscious Stimuli. Did you know by closing your eyes you cut off 1/8 of stimuli. You use words like "Sleep" but that is shorthand for close you eyes and go into deep relaxation. Then in the SUBCONCIOUS you say SUGGESTIONS, the deeper the stage (there are like 4 levels of hypnosis) the more likely they are to ACCEPT the suggestion. Now people can accept or reject the suggestion based on their beliefs, morals, personality...ect. That's what I'm learning. You may be like "Ed that's all and good we knew that so WHY the post". I'm posting so people know I was and AM serious about learning about Hypnosis as my other posts I was niave, and people might've thought of me REALLY LEARNING about HYPNOSIS as being a "Joke". Also I'm just sharing what I'm personally learning.

I've learned that this Doctor known as the "Miracle Doctor", has helped someone who was paralyzed for three years due to a surfing accident and broke his neck and did spinal cord injury, I guess while under anathesia heard a doctor say he would never be able to walk, and at that time the SUBCONCIOUS mind was "Dominant" and accepted that statement as fact. This Doctor (Thr Author) through Hypnosis took him back to the operating room, and "Injected" that he COULD walk. The guy was then able to walk and never went to a wheelchair. I've heard that people have gone under for SURGERY not with drugs but Hypnosis as the anathesia. I've read blind people got their site back under hypnosis. I'm learning about positive and negative hallucination.

Right now I'm in the chapter just on the BRAIN, the parts such as the frontal lobe, the yeporal lobe...ect, and their functions. The Doctor believes ALL HYPNOTISTS should know the brain, and all it's functions. A LOT of medical stuff. As I said I'm up to ONLY page 50, out of a 300 page book, and ALL OF THAT I've learned so far. I LOVE learning this stuff. While this is primarily a medical book, I want to use hypnosis for STAGE, and STREET use along with a MAGIC, and MENTALISM. I still can't hurt reading this book. The OTHER book I got is a older one called "Patterns Of The Hypnotic Techniques Of Milton H. Erickson M.D." written by Bandler.

I've also watched 2 videos on http://www.youtube.com. I won't type the URL'S but type HYpnosis, and you'll see a lists of clips. Watch the 34 minute of the Erickson one just turn up the volume, and a 20 one by Calvin Banyan (Who has a great school on Hypnosis just look at his site) called "The Truth Of Hypnosis", and he ALSO has a great 3 minute clip on Rapid Inductions.

Anyway I'm learning and want to really finish this book, then learn more. I really want to "Specialize" in "Rapid", and "Non-Verbal Inductions" which this book teaches. Thanks, Ed, (Eddini)."
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
See here is where you go wrong. Rapid and non verbal inductions while possible are NOT very good theater.

Most of the audience leaves NOT believing. Is that what you want?

See many books really miss the point of a hypnosis SHOW. It IS THEATER after all.

This was not meant to be mean, just to help you gain perspective.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Quote:
On 2007-02-23 14:25, Dannydoyle wrote:
See here is where you go wrong. Rapid and non verbal inductions while possible are NOT very good theater.

Most of the audience leaves NOT believing. Is that what you want?

See many books really miss the point of a hypnosis SHOW. It IS THEATER after all.

This was not meant to be mean, just to help you gain perspective.

Thanks Danny I see what you are saying. I have two dilemmas. I'm a "Street Performer", Sleight-Of-Hand (Cards mostly), Mentalism, and Metal Bending, and as such people KNOW I don't use stooges, and also I'm very against the use of stooges. My inductions will NEED to be fast in nature as people will not stand around for a 5-10 minute induction plain and simple. 90% of my work is "Street Performing". I'm trying to get a "Show" like parlour, and table hopping, parties...ect. Last August I finally got posted in the yellow pages. I HONESTLY thought I would be getting like one show a week. I got two calls but the people cancelled. I think it's because they think I charge too much, which is B.S. I charge per show / per hour $200.00. I'm the cheapest in the phone book. MOst in my area charge around $250.00, now for special functions and for corporations, then yes I will go up a little. Business is NOT my strong suite. I think though that I need to be in the phone book for a couple of years as people are faithful to the services they recieved from others. Also I DON'T want to "Steal" business from others. I just want "My Own" faithful customers.

Okay the last hired gig I had was for a luncheon for Liberty Mutual in 9/2005. My business is in the summers on the Sidewalks in my town. I have loyal fans, regulars...ect. This Summer I want to continue doing my Magic, and Mentalism, I just want to add Hypnosis. I will need a extra basket with wheels though so I can use 4 chairs for hynosis. I figure I'll do four people or just one at a time. Also I guess if there SITTING it will be easier to put them under. My crowds are usually 5-12 people at a time with occasionally as many as 50. I go for about 10 minutes but I've also gone 45 minutes straight. I leave it up to the crowd. The stunts I want to do is more for comedy. I KNOW I'll get HUGE crowds because people will be laughing. I want to do test like the hot coin test. I want to make myself invisible, and give them amnesia. I want to due stuff like when I say a certain word, you'll say or do such and such. That's the type of stuff I want to do. Also this book DOES "Get It". As I said this book IS A MEDICAL BOOK, for beginners, intermediate and advanced PRACTITIONERS. This is a THERAPY book, as it deals with age regression, drug addiction, just read the guys credentiald ^ above ^. That said YES I DO believe in Theater but again this is a "Sidewalk Setting". I need inductions that last at the VERY MOST 3 minutes. Then I want to get right into the COMEDY. NO, no, no one will think it's set-up so people WON'T walk away with that thought Danny. I know you weren't being mean. While this book is from a THERAPISTS standpoint it does no harm learning from it and I HAVE. I'm going to learn further. I want to get DVD'S, and look into COURSES on it. My goal ultimately is to be CERTIFIED in it at some point. Okay I'm at the Inductions chapter. I'm going to READ ALL OF THEM of course, but I'll list the inductions and can you reccomend what inductions out of this list that are best in your opinion? Thanks...

1) Finger Interlocking Induction
2) Eye Fixtation Induction
3) Palm Induction
4) Two-Finger Induction
5) Instant or Quick Induction (I'll really study this one obviously)
6) Stress Removal Induction
7) Group Induction (I'll really need to study this one too)
8) Printed Card Induction
9) Nonverbal Induction
10) Temple Touching Induction
11) Finger On Head Induction
12) Diguised Method Of Induction (Another one I'll REALLY study)
13) Hypnotic Induction Technique
14) Child Induction Technique

Also YES I do know not all inductions work for all people. Okay this author has a chapter on "Deepening Process", which ones do you all reccomend.

1) Progressive Relaxation
2) Counting Backwards
3) Alphabet
4) Using The Stairway
5) Using Falling Leaves
6) Opening and Closing of Eyes
7) Placing Hand On Forehead
8) Raising and Lowering of Arm (I saw on youtube a 34 minute clip of Erickson doing this one).
9) Deepening Technique with Passing Of Time

Okay the next chapter is "Tests of Depth of Hypnosis". Again I'll read them all but which one(s) would you all reccomend, and also remember my performing situation.

1) Eye Test (Catalepsy)
2) Rigid Arm Test
3) Open Hand Test
4) Closed Fist Test
5) Arm Raising Test
6) Hot Coin Test
7) Confusion Test
8) Anethesia
9) Positive Hallucinations
10) Negative Hallucinations
11) Inability to Speak

Okay obviously I need to learn the Inductions firsts and get through that chapter. Another problem I have, is being kind of a "Loner" I have VERY FEW close friends. So besides my Mom anf one other person maybe I have no one to "Practice" on so to speak. Thanks for your feedback, Ed, (Eddini).
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
My honest opinion is same as Suspect acts. You can´t learn hypnosis over the internet, and only from books.
To help further may be to actually hurt you or others. My real suggestion is to attend live training. Ronning or some sort. I recomend NONE, only throw out a name.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Thanks, I got a couple plan on getting more and as I said I plan on looking into courses in my area, Thanks, Ed, (Eddini).
mersilde
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of mersilde
I totally agree with the posters with getting professional training in dealing with abreactions and hypnosis in general before further experimentation.

However since you seem bound and determined, I would also STRONGLY recommend avoiding from anything remotely like a regression.

I've heard good things about Gerald Kein, as far as hypnosis trainers in the states go, and Igor Ledochowski has some really interesting material, but I can't make any recommendations as I've never personally taken taken one of his classes. Make sure if you do take a class, they cover abreaction management, or something similar. Surprisingly, even a lot of the "clinical" hypnosis programs ignore it.

Hopefully this wolln't get me flamed too badly, a half decent article covering them google could have found you anyways.

(*Sighs* I suppose I need the legally required; This is not an endorsement or statement of accuracy of the following linked information.)

http://www.omnihypnosis.com/abreactart.htm
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » This 'is' a 'serious'question. How if "Accidently" you put someone under, how do you get them out of (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL