The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hidden stuff in movies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
597 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
That is what many relate to on the police car,like JT & gdw think LOL.Its not so bad in small towns like where I live.The one local officer was happy to see some magic when he stopped into our local shop to have a mower fixed.He even tryed some coin manipulation himself.
theres a lot to learn out there,many interesting subjects,and hobbies to enjoy
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I believe The Lion King was based on the first Terminator film. Simba represents the Terminator while his misunderstood uncle the mother of the future leader of the revolution.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2007-07-09 15:15, enginemagic wrote:
That is what many relate to on the police car,like JT & gdw think LOL.Its not so bad in small towns like where I live.The one local officer was happy to see some magic when he stopped into our local shop to have a mower fixed.He even tryed some coin manipulation himself.

Actually, it is not an opinion of the pi- I mean, police, it is actually what is written on the side of the one Decepticon's "Earth" mode in the movie Transformers.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2007-01-28 19:54, bitterman wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-01-26 18:40, Justin R wrote:
Has anybody here tried syncing up "Dark Side of the Moon" with the Wizard of Oz? I haven't but I'd like to hear from somebody who actually cared enough to try it out.

Done it. It's pretty interesting and only takes a little over a half hour. Start the CD after the Lion Roar.

This can be downloaded at http://www.veoh.com .
There are moments when the music really clicks with the video but much of the time it's just music with no connection at all (my opinion).
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
597 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
Never seen the movie Transformers ,theres a better one called "cars" has a tow truck named Tow mater that reminds me of someone special you can guess who that is?
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Quote:
On 2007-01-29 06:38, Joey Stalin wrote:
Well it isn't in the movie but an interesting fact. Will Smith was chosen ahead of Reeves to play Neo in the Matrix.

Along a similar line, I beleieve the role of Indiana Jones was originally offered to Tom Selleck.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2007-07-10 18:48, enginemagic wrote:
Never seen the movie Transformers ...

There might be a still from the movie online showing the police car robot. The writing on the car was visible for a moment in the airport scene.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
PutASpellOnMe
View Profile
New user
OK
27 Posts

Profile of PutASpellOnMe
To Punish and Enslave! Cracked me up! My 11 year old didn't even catch it but am pretty sure all of the adults did!

Quote:
On 2007-07-09 13:38, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
What does the police car robot have on it instead of "to protect and serve" in transformers?
"A friend is a present you give yourself"
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
597 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
They talked about that new Transformers at bible school today many said it is a big hit, I`ll wait for the DVD to see it.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
I remember how we used to look for Hitchcock to flash in his movies.
Cards never lie
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
I also heard songs have these... Sumbidimanl (i can't remember how tospell it) messages too.
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
597 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
Will be interesting to see the movie I just bought today its the Prestige that some talked about on here will watch it tonight.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2007-07-10 20:53, Dorian Rhodell wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-01-29 06:38, Joey Stalin wrote:
Well it isn't in the movie but an interesting fact. Will Smith was chosen ahead of Reeves to play Neo in the Matrix.

Along a similar line, I beleieve the role of Indiana Jones was originally offered to Tom Selleck.

Tom of course went on to do "Magnum PI."

I wondered when they came out with "Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers" if they were having a little in joke having Chip dress like Indiana Jones while Dale dresses like Magnum PI!

Frankly, I think he did a wise thing. I don't think his Indiana Jones would have had half the vulnerability that Ford brought to the character.

When George Takai (Sulu from Star Trek) appeared on "Heros" as Hiero's father. The taxi he and his daughter left in had the license plate "NCC 1701"
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2007-07-15 00:29, mandrake01 wrote:

When George Takai (Sulu from Star Trek) appeared on "Heros" as Hiero's father. The taxi he and his daughter left in had the license plate "NCC 1701"

LOL, yeah right, that's awsome.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Spielburg and George Lucas drops all sorts of references into their films.

George Lucas puts THX 1138 (his first film's title) into a lot of his stuff. It is a cell number in Star Wars and a car license plate in American Graffiti.

The club in Temple is called Obi Won

The first image of all three Indiana Jones is a mountain that looks like the the paramount logo.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Since we are talking Lucas... lets not forget George including the Wilhelm scream in all of his films since Star Wars... http://www.hollywoodlostandfound.net/wilhelm.html

You can hear Hollywoods favorite scream here.. http://www.folkbildning.nu/wilhelm.wav

Best,

Tim
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2007-07-17 00:34, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
Spielburg and George Lucas drops all sorts of references into their films.

George Lucas puts THX 1138 (his first film's title) into a lot of his stuff. It is a cell number in Star Wars and a car license plate in American Graffiti.

The club in Temple is called Obi Won

The first image of all three Indiana Jones is a mountain that looks like the the paramount logo.

I guess it was lucky for Lucas he got shafted by Fox over "Star Wars" and felt free to market "Indiana Jones" to Paramount!

I've personally never been able to catch it. But supposedily Lucas put C-3PO and R2D2 into the carvings in the Well of Souls. (The room Indy uses to find the location of the Ark.)
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Not just any Police car... that is Barricade! One bad ass Decepticon.

Decd 31st it comes out on DVD. Can't wait!!!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
What about hidden stuff that isn't so hidden yet remains unseen. I've seen this film many many times and NEVER saw this until it was pointed out to me. Note here that you can actually see the wire going up Kenobi's sleeve to power his lightsaber. They didn't even mask it by making it brown. Check the original film and see for yourself.

http://index.echostation.com/trilogy/saberwire.jpg

Best,

Tim
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
...and let's not forget the Three Men and A Baby ghost!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hidden stuff in movies (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL