The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sub Trunk Scuffs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kevin Viner
View Profile
Loyal user
San Diego, CA
203 Posts

Profile of Kevin Viner
Anybody have any tips for getting black scuff marks out of the inside of a sub trunk? I have a Chalet trunk, and would appreciate feedback only from people who have tried a method before. I don't want to ruin the inside of my trunk lol.

Thanks a ton!
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
It's not ruined.. it has "character!!"

I had a Chalet trunk though 3 years of amusement park shows.. over 2700 shows on that trunk just from ME! When got the trunk, it was used as well...

A trunk with Character makes it look more real.. if it stays shiney and new.. it looks less like a packing crate and more like a prop.

If you saw The Magic SHOW at the end of it's 4 year run in NYC.. you'd have seen what a beat up trunk could look like. as long as your trap dosn't look significanlty different from tehh rest of the trunk.. it's all good.
Kevin Viner
View Profile
Loyal user
San Diego, CA
203 Posts

Profile of Kevin Viner
True indeed. I just don't want the inside of the trunk looking like it was painted black. Smile
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Hi A lot of trunks are coated with a clear laquer finish to protect the stain so you have to be careful how strong of a cleaner you use.
I used to use TSP or Tri Sodium Phosphate. Its a powder form that you mix with water. Its available in grocery and hardware stores like Home Depot here in Canada.Its cheap and worked on my props.

Usually as a rule the less shine on the trunk the harder it is to remove the scuffs.If they are real stubborn scuffs you could try a VERY fine steel wool with some soap in water but do a test in an unseen corner first.
Another thought is I used to take my shoes off when doing the trunk not because of scuffing I just found it less cumbersome and quieter.
Having said all this I still tend to agree with the beat up trunk philosophy!
Kevin Viner
View Profile
Loyal user
San Diego, CA
203 Posts

Profile of Kevin Viner
Thanks for the feedback!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Kevin,

Lucy and I use a Chalet trunk that has had lots of experience (to include seasons at Six Flags!). I just would not worry about marks on the inside.

We actually pack ours for transport and use it like a trunk. They are tough.

George at Chalet has always been very good about repairing and refinishing Chalet props if it is that bad.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
The only reason that I would worry about scuff marks is if they could possibly wipe off onto my clothes. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sub Trunk Scuffs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL