The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1039 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
What is the most anticipated book at the moment?
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Even though it is old, I would still say it is 13 Steps to Mentalism because that is the one we inform newcombers to purchase the most. The most anticipated DVD would be more of a challenge.
Harry Truman
View Profile
Regular user
England
156 Posts

Profile of Harry Truman
I believe that Matt is asking about the book we most look forward to seeing released this year, or in the future. Anticipation is usually the looking forward to something still to come, Mike.
"Man's highest reward for his dedication to the pursuit of excellence is not what he gets from it, but what he becomes through it."
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Oh. Well my book will be the 2007 dictionary. Smile
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
Quote:
On 2007-01-26 07:02, Matt Beech wrote:

Oh man, this is sooooooooooooooooooo easy.

The seventh Harry Potter book. I guarantee it will set all kinds of records for preorder.

Was it supposed to be limited to mentalism?
Cognite tute
fred200
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of fred200
I don't't know but I been waiting for 2 or 3 years for the realese of Ted Karmilovich book but still waiting but who knows maybe is just another urban leyend.
wordSMITH
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of wordSMITH
Quote:
On 2007-01-26 17:55, Carlos the Great wrote:

The seventh Harry Potter book. I guarantee it will set all kinds of records for preorder.

Technically, it doesn't have to be a book about mentalism to be useful for it. If a book becomes popular enough, then you can perform a few book tests with it if you successfully force a page and word! And it can be quite fun to do a book test with "the book you've most recently bought/read!"
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2007-01-26 07:02, Matt Beech wrote:

Given the pre-hype brew-ha-ha on another thread, I'd suggest it's the new Jermy book that seems to have peaked everyones interest.

I only hope that the Emperor is wearing his clothes....
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Midnight in the Dark Museum (but I am biased)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Midnight in the Dark Museum
Harry Potter, volume 7
the Ted Karmilovich book, if it comes out this year
James Biss's new book
some psychic guy is putting out a book, if I hear anything on that, I'll let you know
Ringo
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Ringo
Indeed Harry and Biss... (Harry being the most magical thing I ever read...)As for Karmilovich, I can only hope it comes out real soon, but apparantly Paolo has a deal with Ted : he will give it on his sons 21st birthday... Since mr. Cavalli is childless at this moment, I bet we will be waiting for a while...
JamesBiss
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
310 Posts

Profile of JamesBiss
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the nod!

MIND BLOWING is indeed coming along and if all goes well it should be out in late March.

I've decided to release an "Extremely Mental" edition FIRST this time (the opposite of what I did with MESSING WITH MINDS). It will be an extremely limited edition hard cover with a luxury cloth cover - this time with Platinum embossing instead of Gold, and will match the format of MWM for those that like to collect such things.

Again, I'm going to include a DVD on the inside of the cover to supplement the book but the emphasis this time will be on the work "behind the scenes" for the effects as opposed to a purely performance oriented disc. We're still shooting the video and that's going to be part of the hold up for the book's release. (It's being shot at my "secret factory" and we may actually be able to capture the Oompa Loompa's on film for the first time!)

We'll still be able to keep it at decent price point as happened last time. The content should make people ... um, mental... but in a nice way.

Thanks for your interest,

James
James Biss
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-01-26 21:04, MoritaNaoki wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-01-26 17:55, Carlos the Great wrote:

Technically, it doesn't have to be a book about mentalism to be useful for it. If a book becomes popular enough, then you can perform a few book tests with it if you successfully force a page and word! And it can be quite fun to do a book test with "the book you've most recently bought/read!"

Right you are!

For me, the best book test is a book test with any book that is around. I work in biotech/biopharmaceuticals so I find a really nice book test is to predict the first product on a randomly selected page in a catalog (Sigma and VWR are my faves since there can be thousands of pages in each).
Cognite tute
tincture
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of tincture
I really like the freestyle booktest, however you can't beat a good impromtu method either like the AAA or the hoy.

-Tim
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Ok, feeling a little inadequate right now but AAA book test? Off hand, I don't seem to be familiar with it. Currently, I am working on some of the book tests from Peek Performances (getting the "twirl" down for those of you in the know, lol).

-Carlos
Cognite tute
tincture
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of tincture
It's Marc Paul's Anywhere Anytime Any...something impromptu book test.
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Ok, I have heard of it (whew!) but might have to look that up. Thanks a bunch.

-Chris
Cognite tute
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Books (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL