The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » How long does the membership process take? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
I'm wondering if anyone in the forum is familiar enough with the membership process to give me some idea how long it takes.

I applied a few weeks ago, and I have not received so much as an email acknowledging my application. The only assurance I have that it was received is the fact that my credit card payment was processed on Jan. 11.

I'm probably just being impatient, but I wondered if anyone else had experienced a long delay while waiting for their membership to be approved.

Thanks!

Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Yes there was a long wait for the membership process. The full process until you are a full member in good standing takes something like three-four full months if I remember correctly. Glad to hear you've decided to join though! And might I add, "welcome."
docmagik
View Profile
Regular user
San Bernardino, CA
119 Posts

Profile of docmagik
I applied for reinstatement back in November, so I'm going through this.

After about one to two months, and then you'll get your "preliminary" approval letter in the mail. I got mine mid-December.

Then you'll get your first issue of The Linking Ring with your name in it. I got mine in January.

As long as nobody objects to your membership during the next month (Nobody reveals you're secretly the Masked Magician) they'll then send you your full membership package. I figure this will happen for me the first part of February.

For what it's worth, my local ring has been very welcoming during the whole process. If you've got a local ring you want to attend, feel free to just go. If they're anything like the good folks in my local ring, they won't even bring up local dues for three months.

Hope this helps!
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Yes, 3-4 months is standard procedure. The rules say your name has to be published in the Linking Ring for approval. That takes some lead time to get to the presses. After that, barring any complaints, you're in.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Thanks Brian, and thanks Doc!
There's a local DC Ring, Ring 50, that I can attend, they have a monthly meeting and I have been told it's very welcoming, so I will take advantage of that until I get my packet.

Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2007-01-26 14:26, Dave VanVranken wrote:
Yes, 3-4 months is standard procedure. The rules say your name has to be published in the Linking Ring for approval. That takes some lead time to get to the presses. After that, barring any complaints, you're in.

Thanks Dave!
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » How long does the membership process take? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL