The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Jim Magus Dark Museum book alert (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Meanwhile...on the publishing front...

:)
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Doug:

Any updates on the release?

Are there lots of photos of your work?
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Update: Two big boxes are on the way to me. I'll sign and release soon as I can. Smile

Jim tells me he used lots of photos. I haven't seen it yet but Jim is VERY pleased with how it turned out. Remember, I'm just the 'subject' and it's Jim's project so I stayed out of it completely except for providing the cover art. I sent him a bunch of photos...don't know what he selected for the book. It'll be Christmas morning for me this week!!!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hopefully I'll get them tomorrow for signing and will get them in the mail to those who ordered on Saturday. Monday at the latest if they arrive by on Saturday.)
I'll be getting 35 in and have 6 left to sell. If sold by Saturday morning they will be shipped with the first batch to go out.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I wish I had enough $$ right now!

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Bill...you have a Gardian Angel. Not to worry.

:)
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1346 Posts

Profile of handa
My copy [from Jim] arrived in the mail today. Interruptions happen every time I sit down to read it, but I'm doing so today!

Chris
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Note to all: Handa is a contributor to the book so got his a bit ahead of others.

So Chris...how does it look?
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
343 Posts

Profile of TEB3
It is a dark and dreary day here in the forest. Duncan, the weredog, just brought today's parcels into my office. The book is now before me. My eyes tell me it is full of un-earthly delights. Now, unless there is an emergency channel from MyM or someone, I will spend the evening absorbing, cogitating, and other stuff. I've already spoken with Magus and he seemed to be giggleing. I especailly approve of his last sentance on page 156. Hey, if it helps sell real estate........Now, that is a really wierd thought, a subdivision of homes restricted for practitioners of bizarre/spooky/arcane/ghostly, etc. That ought to freak out Equal Opportunity housing lenders.

Anyway by dawn's early light, I'll try and post something more in depth BUT on first appearence, it's a killer! And the props don't look to shabby either (unless they're supposed to).

Seriously, this is a winner.

TEB3/Lary/Traveler (and whoever else appears in my mind)
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
343 Posts

Profile of TEB3
*** typos above...it's what you get when I type in a frenzy of joy.

Lary/TEB3/others
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Sad to say the mail did not bring the books today. Hopefully tomorrow and if so I can still get them out Saturday.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2236 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Thanks for the welcome home Slim King And thanks to Jim Magus for allowing me to be part of the Higley project Undying thanks to Doug Higley for his creative brilliance. The phontom of the Midway rules! " Midnight At The Dark museum, is a must have for any serious Bizarrist.

KOTAH
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
It is great to have you here Kotah!

Ichazod
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Kotah

My friend, welcome here!

Tony
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Just got mine today, (w00t !! ) although I didn't get home 'til 10PM.

Review will be forthcoming - but how'd that Mystician twit manage to get in there ?!? Smile
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Probably the same way I did, Jim takes bribes! Smile
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Mystery solved in a way. Jim sent out the contributors books USPS and the boxes of books for me to sign and send out by slow poke and near useless UPS. So those who bought books from me...you're reading the posts of the priviledged few...them what provided stellar intrigues and darkened mysteries.

We'll catch up...at least the books I'll be sending out will have two signatures.

Neener neener. Smile
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1931 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
I am also thrilled and honored to have contributed to this book. This was a wonderful inspiration by Jim who made it happen, lickety split! In the world of book publishing, a feat of arcane magick if there ever was one. I can't wait to see what wonders await in the Darkness. Of course Doug, you are the inspiration. If anything, this book is a tribute to your craftsmanship, great friendship and your contribution to the art we hold so dear.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I am also honoured to have been included in this book (no bribe - jsut a threatenting of summoning some of my pooches from Tindalos... but gee, Mystician got his in Wallacia before me in Toronto!?!?! Toronto is indeed in the lost frozen wastes of the north - our dreaded custom ice-hearted wendigos officers slow everything down.... arggghhhh I shall sacrifice something to Ithaqua today in the hopes the tome will make it to me by sunset!!!!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2236 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Greetings again to all my friends. How ironic that Doug should be the last to see his own tribute. When he does, he and all others who have not yet read it; will see the incredible tome Jim has put together. He has done himself, and higley proud. I cannot speak highly enough about this book. Choose to purchase or lose out. Limited quantity you understand. And they will go fast !

KOTAH
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Jim Magus Dark Museum book alert (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL