The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Which type of memorize stack is the best?!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Liyao
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Liyao
Currently I am using the 6 hrs memorize deck book from Martin ___? forgotten the authors name.... using the shock order...

Does different type of memorize decks have its own different characteristic...?

So what else video or book that I am able to know more about the memorize stack routine or tricks...

Thanks.
Tilt
View Profile
Veteran user
L.A.
387 Posts

Profile of Tilt
I like the Aronson Stack. Of course that may be because I have it memorized.

Tilt
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Darwin Ortiz has some effects in his new book. I heard their pretty mind blowing.

Lee
Gene B
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento, CA
193 Posts

Profile of Gene B
Juan Tamariz has a stack which incorporates some poker deals too.
It is on one of his newest videos.

Gene B
Gravity--It's not just a rule--It's the Law!
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Simon Aronson gives away the stack itself, in .pdf format on his website:

http://www.simonaronson.com

Read the whole thing. You'll see that while there may be mnemonic "short-cuts," as it were, to aid and abet the curve, it will really not matter because the effective, instantaneous recall required for many effects will still have to come by rote saturation.

Darwin Ortiz does have an outstanding effect in his new book, Scams & Fantasies With Cards, that would in reality, be a good one for practicing the memorized deck (see "Zen Master"), as there are deliberate pauses and contortions written into the trick--allowing any needed delay for calculation. Do not get me wrong, the spectator will not interpret this to be practice, as the trick is set up that way at the outset.
phonic69
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of phonic69
I agree with the Aronson Stack, it's the one I learnt and his books keep adding new ideas into the mix. Go click on the link above!

Smile
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I think the Joyal Stack is best!
Great web for stacks & memorized decks:

http://www.joyalstack.com/
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Of course it depends on you, but for example the best memorized decks (stacks) here in Spain, or at least the most used were Juan Tamariz´s and Daniel DaOrtiz´s decks.

And in my opinion both are great. Everybody knows Juan. And Daniel is a young cardician, who improve some ideas of Juan´s memorized deck, to get a great new one.

But as always, it depends on you.

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
jw_2101
View Profile
New user
Singapore
76 Posts

Profile of jw_2101
I think breakthrough card system has good merits
He is no fool who would give what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Liyao, just a question. As you are seeing 6th Hour book, could you give as a review? Or anyone here? Is it really an interesting and really-works method of learning memorized deck?

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
The best stack? Well the one you've memorized, of course!

99% of effects that rely on memorized stacks are stack-independant, meaning that it doesn't matter which stack you use.
So just go out, pick a stack (or just take a regular, shuffled deck) and memorize it!

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2003-01-09 12:00, Pablo Tejero wrote:
Liyao, just a question. As you are seeing 6th Hour book, could you give as a review? Or anyone here? Is it really an interesting and really-works method of learning memorized deck?

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile

I use that stack professionally and it took me less than 6 hours to learn it. And I don't have a particularly good short term memory. Not sure what else there is to say except that it works.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
I'll defer to Darwin Ortiz from his new book, Scams & Fantasies with Cards:

"Magicians often ask me what memorized stack I recommend. My advice is always the same: take a deck, shuffle it, memorize it. If you're not inclined to this advice, you may want to consult p.215 of The Annontated Erdnase for a survey of some of the options."
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
The most important factor here is to find a clever method to learn a stack. In Martin Joyals book "Six-Hour Memorized Deck" he teaches a very clever system to memorize a deck with 52 cards. I think the average reader can learn this stack pretty easy. The Joyal stack has also an apparent random order which is important.
DavidPenn
View Profile
New user
Baltimore
8 Posts

Profile of DavidPenn
The Aronson stack period.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
The best is obviously subjective, and the Aronson stack was not the best for me for two reasons - -

1. It would take longer to learn than the Joyal stack; and,

2. I have no interest in performing the effects that are built into the Aronson stack so the Joyal stack's lack of built-in effects was not a downside to me.

In any event, a memorized deck is nothing more than a tool, and what's important is the particular effects you perform using that tool.
SCGillett
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of SCGillett
Pablo, where can I find more information about Daniel's stack?
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
The literature is filled with a variety of clever memorized decks, including a number of different techniques to employ in committing them to memory (there are four). Those interested in the different approaches (and their associated trade-offs) might find An Introduction to Full-Deck Stacks to be interesting reading.

... Doug
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
Saqib16
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Saqib16
where on aronsons site does it give his deck away?
SCGillett
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of SCGillett
Magicians Only > Memorized Deck Magic > Click here for a Free Download of Memories Are Made of This – an Introduction to Memorized Deck Magic. (PDF format, Acrobat 4.0 or higher required)

I should have been clearer. Saqib16, I posted above the path you need to follow.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Which type of memorize stack is the best?!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL