The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Thank you to Mr. Michael Rubinstein! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
I just have to thank Mr. Rubinstein for recommending the Giacomo Bertini DVD. I think this is some of the best money I have spent when it comes to coin magic! If it would have cost ten times more it would have been a steal!

I had put off buying it, because of the holidays. Well, I just received the DVD a few days ago and I was awe struck. Giacomo Bertini's coin magic is totally awesome! When I first received the DVD I was just going to give it a quick once over, well, when I started watching it I couldn't stop. I even went into work a little late that day, because of my amazement. This guy is great and his DVD is fabulous!

I want to congratulate Mr. Bertini on a beautiful DVD! When I do say beautiful I mean beautiful! In the beginning of the DVD he shows you the Beautiful sights of Italy and then he shows you his beautiful coin magic. If you haven't received his DVD yet, you are definitely missing out...Thank you Mr. Bertini....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4154 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
I am glad you liked it. Giacomo just got back from a trip to Japan, where he hung out with guys like Mutobe and Ton Onosaka. He tells me he had a wonderful time, and his DVD has been well received all over the world!
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS!
https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

Send inquiries to rubinsteindvm@aol.com

Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Thanks again Dr. Rubinstein, I can't imagine anyone, anywhere not loving his DVD. While we are on the subject of DVD's I also received the New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD's and I thought your part in it was terrific. I loved all your routines especially "RetroFly" and "The Specciolini Brothers" Routines! I guess you could say I think both you gentlemen are great coin magicians. Keep up the good work.....
Giacomo
View Profile
New user
Florence (Italy)
92 Posts

Profile of Giacomo
Thanks Fingers for your words. I love who appreciates my magic, therefore I hope will be able to meet you in the future.
Thanks also to you Mike, my friend, I hope to see you soon. I know that you will come in europa for some lectures, together with Roth.
As you remembered Mike, I went in Japan and got back few days ago. Japan is fantastic and also Japaneses!. My girl is Japanese, but this does not affect my judgement. I knew some wonderful magicians, Yoshihiko Mutobe, Akira Fujii e Ton Onosaka. I went with Mutobe at dinner and we did a magic session. Mutobe is an innovator, and after studying David Roth he developed an edge-grip-production with an only hand. I think that he was the first magician to develop this technique (edge-grip-production ) after Roth’s magic. Without knowing it I developed an other edge-grip production, but mine is completely different from Mutobe’s technique, because Mutobe uses soft-coins, and I uses regular coins. Kainoa Harbottle, after having known Mutobe he developed a technique for edge-grip production, and also Kainoa uses soft coin. Maybe Kainoa can give now his opinion on this subject. In 2002 Kainoa wrote these release concerne the Mutobe edge-Grip technique: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=3
Another unbelievable magician is Akira Fujii: he is a complete conjurer, he uses some unbelievable techniques both with the coins and with the cards and he is very famous to the Japanese television. When Fujii walks in the road the people ask him the autograph! You can see on You-Tube a few Fujii’s performances. I also knew Ton Onosaka, he is a wonderful guy and an important magician on the world. This year Ton Onosaka will go in america to the New York FFFF Convention, I advise everybody to go to know it.
In Japan there are other important magicians that contributed very much to the magic and I hope that they will get more popular in all the world. Futagawa is a other very important coinmen, that wrote many books on the coins, and his books are sold in Japan in every public bookshop.
I hope that everyone can have the chance of going to Japan to see this wonderful country.
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Your welcome Giacomo, maybe one day we will meet. Sounds like your Japan trip was great, wish I could have been there.....
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1076 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
I second Fingers on this one...
I must say that Mr Bertini's work is very inspiring, and worth the study.
I learned edge-grip years ago, from Roth work of course (there wasn't so much other sources to learn it), and tackle with it a little.
Then I learned Kurtz finesses, and more recently Mr Harbottle work.
The point for me is not to learn these gentlemen's routines, but rather discover new ideas and feints, and then apply to my own work...and sometimes, working on one's idea can open doors for "new" ideas.
So thank you all for bringing all of this to us !
I must also say that I envy you, Giacomo, to have met such great names as Mr Mutobe, Mr Akira and Onosaka!!!
I guess their work is...amazing!
I wish your work span around the coinworkers community, as you have some awesome ideas!!

Regards,
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
I can't agree with you more lawrens.....
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
Quote:
On 2007-02-04 12:51, Giacomo wrote:
My girl is Japanese, but this does not affect my judgement.

Nice!

Sig. Bertini, have you experimented with the Mutobe palm / Flat hand display at all?
magiclarsen
View Profile
New user
Orlando
29 Posts

Profile of magiclarsen
Mr. Bertini, I am interested in your DVD, however, I am a mac user. I was curious if you or anyone knows if the files are encoded for Mac OS X playback. Thanks in advance. I look forward to a reply Smile

Larsen
Giacomo
View Profile
New user
Florence (Italy)
92 Posts

Profile of Giacomo
Hi Chris,
I have not experimented the Mutobe Palm yet, and I must decide what I will do. Really I do not execute the magicians's personal techniques, but his technique became universal, like the Angle Palm (Rubinstein) or the Downs Palm or the Thumb Palm. So I could use it, and if I will need I will do it. The problem is that I will never be able to use the Mutobe Palm like Mutobe uses it! It is his technique, and compared to Mutobe I will be like an amateur who wants to do the magician! I already said that Mutobe is an innovator, his edge-grip technique, his palm and fineness are incredible, but he is also a very modest man, few magicians have a noble character like he, and I am happy to be his friend. Therefore,
as Kainoa already said: "it’s a shame that so few of us have had the opportunity to see him".
Giacomo Bertini
Giacomo
View Profile
New user
Florence (Italy)
92 Posts

Profile of Giacomo
Hi Magiclarsen, the computer doesn’t matter, It play Windows Media Player files. You can download a free copy of the last MAC version of the player here:
microsoft.com/mac
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
Can anyone let me know how this is shipped? i.e. either UPS or USPS?
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
Mine came via USPS....
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
Thanks. Mr. Bertini? is there anyway I can get a tracking number from you?
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Hi magicman899, don't know if you can get a tracking number, but you should get your DVD inside a week if that helps.....
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
Ok, thanks fingers. I'm getting a little anxious for the DVD..............argh why wont days go faster.!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
Quote:
On 2007-02-10 22:06, magicman899 wrote:
Thanks. Mr. Bertini? is there anyway I can get a tracking number from you?

Steve Draun is taking care of the shipping in the states, so if you're in the US, he'll be the one taking care of it, not Mr. Bertini.
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
I know what you mean magicman899. Wait till you get it, if your like me, it will be much better than you even think it will be.....!

I decided to work on the killer spellbound routine first, but eventually I will learn them all. His portable hole routines are great too, but I think they will take more time to learn and in between I will be working on his fantastic edge-grip production.....
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
Still nothing after about a week!!!argh!!!!!!!!!
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
I am sure you will be getting it real soon magicman899, patience.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Thank you to Mr. Michael Rubinstein! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL