The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Chubacabra Exhibit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Well rodeo week is almost here in our town. Wondering if they will allow this type of exhibit. I got this off Coast to Coast website:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page1855.html?theme=light

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend, come inside come inside."

ELP 74
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Candini:

Make sure mota gets the link to the picture, and Doug as well. Smile

Tony
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I'll PM.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
That's David Walker's show I believe. And if the poster on Coast To Coast is accurate in his description, David is doing 'something' that I recommend NOT be done...and that is Make Claims as to reality. Those of you who have the How-To know my routine. No CLAIMS only suggestions and RUMOR HAS IT type stuff...let THEM figure it out, don't tell them. No need to lie. Make a Claim and somebody will surely be out to prove you wrong. This appearance on Coast To Coast will bring the 'know it alls' out of the woodwork.

The poster says:
"On January 27th, I attended the Ft. Worth Stock Show And Rodeo. There was an Old Man standing next to this small white tent claiming to have a real chupacabra and admission was only $1, so I payed and went in and looked at something I have never seen before in my life!
I looked at this dead creature to see if I could find any stiching to see if it was put together but I could find nothing! I managed to snap one photo before my digital camera died "of course." But the Old Man explained to me that this creature was killed in Mexico and brought here. If anyone knows what this is please let me know. Thanks!"

The last line of the posters comment is what YOU should be asking of HIM!!!!!

Everyone with the How-To, read it again!

This thread is also in the wrong place on the Café and should be Beleive It Or Not...Moderator?
Higley's Doug's Museum
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
That's David...

We have had a discussion about photos...obviously I lost the discussion.
egregor
View Profile
Veteran user
The other side of the veil.
340 Posts

Profile of egregor
I think it lacks the quality or believability of a Higley. The Rolls Royce of Chupacabras.
My mom says I'm reprehensible, I think I'm perfectly hensible.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Well...it IS a Higley...just seems not well taken care of and displayed and pictured.

I'd like it back for a re-furb that's for sure.
Higley's Doug's Museum
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I plan to place all Higley's in museum glass cases Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
egregor
View Profile
Veteran user
The other side of the veil.
340 Posts

Profile of egregor
I don't think you should be able to buy Higley's anymore, I think Doug should just put them up for adoption. Then if a Higley is mistreated, Doug can revoke adoption privelages.
My mom says I'm reprehensible, I think I'm perfectly hensible.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3607 Posts

Profile of Kondini
The wording defeats the object of the exhibition.

To not know for sure is >>>> The come on. To know >>> Puts it into a different sphere taking away the wonder of it all.

To make a bogus claim puts you into the ring to be knocked out,,,,,all it wants now is for the Masked Magician to expose >>>>> Imagine Dougs website open to public perusal etc etc >>>>> Such stupidity should be stopped by stuffing the person doing it (Then we could display them as a preserved fool).

Such actions killed these shows back in Victorian times here in the UK.
The way we present these same shows now hits the punters at a different level,,,it would be a shame to kill off this golden Goose.

Ken
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I was wondering why it was being displayed with a picture of an underwater scene in the background???

Also, the tank seems huge!! far too big for such a small creature.

Its a shame. I just hope not too many people find that site.

I have to agree with Ken on this one... lets not shoot that goose just yet.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Shoot that goose you shoot me.
Higley's Doug's Museum
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Doug, we shoot that goose and we're not only shooting you, but also every showman that relies on your work.

So please lets leave that goose alone.

I beg that everyone go on a goose free diet.

Turkeys are fair game, but please... SAVE THE GOOSE!!!!!!
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Another thing...I really would like this thread to fade away. The ideas and suggestions and the SYSTEM I offer for showing such things (the Golden Goose)is not general knowledge or traditional show thinking I adapted. It is 100% my invention. What Kondini knows and did in the UK and others who are doing it my way, I taught from my original thinking and experimentation. I would rather it all not be discussed in an open forum. Not that I don't want to teach the system but I do not want every Tom Dick and Harry out there using the ideas half assed and not kowing the entire picture and competeing and ruining it for those who DO KNOW and work it right. Most ALL I have taught understand how it works and WHY it works and do it correctly. Those who don't just don't make the money and screw up the show scene. It's that simple. Those who read my stuff know the SPECIFICS and WHY it should be done that way. I have the plan refined down to a few EASY steps that work AS IS. Altering any part will alter the outcome.

The information in my How-To is NOT for the casual reader or one just curious...it is for the working showman and show woman and the info and the tips do not belong on open forum. This is powerful stuff as many have found out and it's those who work it properly that deserve the benefit.
Higley's Doug's Museum
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3607 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Goosy,,,,,,,,,Goosy,,,,,,,,,,,"BANG !!"
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
No one knows what David said to this fellow and if he is a Coast to Coast listener, one of the worse radio shows I've ever heard (Art Bell was particularly bad) he, the poster, likely slanted it to fit the 'we believe anything' atmosphere.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I agree. I forgot to mention that...thanks...I did say IF the report from the poster was accurate but that needs to be emphasized so thanks. BUT I know the showman and he is a character and a half and if anybody would stretch the tall tale into a longer taller skinnier tale it would be David. It's his show and he has every right to do what he wants with it...and he is funny as hell so is probably having a ball with it and sayinjg all kinds of things and yes, the poster is of the muggles tribe and would most likely misunderstand what was really said anyway...none of this is important really...in this case, it is what it is and a reason I think it made it to coast to coast is the 'challenge to question' which normally does not come up when presented correctly. That's why I brought it up and emphasize to read my notes for the WHY of this whole show. Not to yell at David but to caution aginst making UNECESSARY claims that WILL be challenged. The beauty of the show plan is you don't need to claim ANYTHING!
Higley's Doug's Museum
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3607 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Its a twin to the Geller farce,,,ok he made his money but in so doing ruined it for others who could have made capital as well.The upside to his saga was to benefit those who in turn made their money out of exposeing him. But all has now come to a halt.Plus of course the embarrasment to him everytime a magician bumps into him at the Supermarket!

Claim only that which you can prove,,,,or keep your mouth shut.

Ken
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Haha..Geller is still out there foolishly flapping his gums...
Higley's Doug's Museum
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
By the way...I have the feeling this 'photo' is going to spark something I'd rather not have occur and have tried to avoid (successfully I might add) all these years. Just a feeling...but a wrong door may have been cracked for the public to peek in. We'll see.
Higley's Doug's Museum
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Chubacabra Exhibit (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL