The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » A question of length (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Circus Bambouk
View Profile
Loyal user
Tempe, AZ
256 Posts

Profile of Circus Bambouk
I have worked various cruise lines as a juggler and physical comedian in various capacities. As I re-visit my magical material, I realize I have many, many minutes of manipulation. Standard act length for a juggler or circus act tends to be eight minutes.
In terms of commercial bookability (that may be a word...) what is a good length for a stage manipulation act?
Thanks in advance,

Brian
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Almost the same.. 8-12 minutes.
canyoubelieveit
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of canyoubelieveit
Quote:
On 2007-01-30 07:52, Majestic12 wrote:
Almost the same.. 8-12 minutes.

Especially if you are planning to compete! Not sure what the SAM/IBM competition rules are but I think max 7 min?

Look at some of the great manipulation acts from Cardini to Ross and find they averaged five minutes or so.
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
My experience is the 7 min range is the desired component. If you can go modular by adding segments: 7-14-21-27, etc then all the better for an expanded time on a variety show.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Circus Bambouk
View Profile
Loyal user
Tempe, AZ
256 Posts

Profile of Circus Bambouk
Thanks for the advice.

-Brian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » A question of length (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL