The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Eugene Burger's close-up pad (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
The Great Marok
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of The Great Marok
Hi guys. I was watching Eugene Burger's gourmet close-up, and I've noticed that he has a really cool close up pad. Does anyone know where I can get one like this (or similar), because all the store I know just have the regular one color close up pads. Thanks.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
1. leave house.
2. go into a staples or office max
3. visit mouse pad aisle.

s
egregor
View Profile
Veteran user
The other side of the veil.
340 Posts

Profile of egregor
Actually some great close up pads can be found in the kitchen dept at Burlington coat Factory, Table placemats, with a little extra gold fringe from Joanne Fabrics, glued to a pair of mousepads.
My mom says I'm reprehensible, I think I'm perfectly hensible.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Ah, isn't there a "Martha Stewart Bizarre creations" forum here somewhere?

:)
Sleeveless
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Sleeveless
Eugene used to use an oriental rug that was made for doll houses. To my knowlege they are no longer being made. However, as the Sponge said a similar one is available as a mouse pad. A google search for 'oriental rug mouse pad' will get you lots of hits. They are better than the doll house rugs as they have a nonslip pad on the bottom. Standard retail price seems to be $25 although you may be able to find one cheaper. They really are nice.
egregor
View Profile
Veteran user
The other side of the veil.
340 Posts

Profile of egregor
Brother Baba,
Ask, and ye shall recieve:http://www.trystancraft.com/martha/
My mom says I'm reprehensible, I think I'm perfectly hensible.
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
675 Posts

Profile of Bedford
I have one of the oriental rug mouse pads, but they are too small to use as a close-up pad. However, I was able to get a small oriental rug at the Morocco Pavilion at Walt Disney World last year. It's the perfect size for a close-up pad and I only paid about $13 for it. The only drawback is that it doesn't have the foam backing that the mouse pad does, however you can roll it up like a real rug which is nice. I haven't had any problems using it, and can even use it with the 3-shell game without it bunching up.
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
How about this one?

It is sponge rubber, polyester face, machine washable. 17 1/2 x 27 inches.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Bill, me likes...egregor LOL...

ah, this has got to be the worst thread Ive ever read--the answer is simple: USE HUMAN SKIN for your pad...

:) I kid. I Kid.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Everyone knows human shin is only good for book covers and drum skins.
It doesn't even make a decent chip when fried in oil.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I pciked upa dirty work station from a fellow magi on the Café - it is actually a very nice bit of kit for closeup work.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Quote:
On 2007-01-31 10:28, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Everyone knows human shin is only good for book covers and drum skins.
It doesn't even make a decent chip when fried in oil.

I concur. but if you add salt to the frying process, it makes nice chips...duh.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
A little garlic will improve the taste and protect you if it happens to be vampire skin.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
But that would ruin the pad (unless the hide is dyed black and you are creating a black art pocket... guess the ocket opening might look like a crucifix or a garlic clove Smile)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
898 Posts

Profile of David Parr
The miniature persian carpet was purchased a couple of decades ago from a doll-house store in Milwaukee. The store is no longer there. I bought two, gave one to Eugene and kept the other. It's a hand-woven piece, and it doesn't have a non-slip backing like a mousepad or a standard close-up pad. I haven't seen anything like it in recent visits to hobby-supply stores. I suppose in a niche market like doll-houses, it may be that only one company was making these carpets twenty years ago and it has since gone out of business.
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
Crate and Barrel has some nice placemats that can double as close-up pads, sans the rubber backing. (Which I don't much like, anyway.) Nothing as nifty as what David is speaking about, but still better than the average mat, in my opinion.
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Are you talking about the type of mini rug that is found on the altar photo on Baba's site?

http://vo-du-magick.phrets.com

If so, I've seen ones almost *exactly* like that at (I'm pretty certain) both Wal-Mart and Home Depot within the last year. Bigger than mouse pads; about 16"- 18" long if I'm not mistaken. Probably the same type Bedford was mentioning. If I come across any more, I will post immediately.

Seth
The Great Marok
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of The Great Marok
Many thanks for all the great replies and ideas. Special thanks to Mr. Parr for giving the history of the item I saw. This site is awesome - I ask where I can find a similar close-up pad to the one I see on a tape, and the person who bought the one on tape replies!
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
The Dirty Work Station is of VERY good quality, it's a tilted pas though... so you'll have to get used to it if you want to use it... But it's a great item.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Eugene Burger's close-up pad (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL