The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Top 3 effect with a bill?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Tennessee
698 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
Based on audience response...for me, it has to be Fraud, Roger Klauses' 5 to 1 and Bryns "$". Ghost Bills does well too!

Best,

Bk
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2007-02-01 15:26, montemagic wrote:
Cramped is great!

I use the Cramped principle or idea and applied to Mark Jenest's Chap Trick. It works great!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Magic CPA
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Magic CPA
1. Changing $1's into $100's. This is something everyone would love to do in reality so it has a great effect on the spectators.

2. Changing a borrowed bill into a million dollar bill. Inevitably, after doing #1 above, someone says something like "Hey, could you turn MY dollar bill into a hundred?". Turning it into a million dollar bill is funny and I let the spectator keep it (I also give them another dollar out of my wallet since they "can't really spend a million dollar bill").

3. The $2 dollar window. "Let's try something with a $2 bill now..."

Joe
zachdotcom
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
58 Posts

Profile of zachdotcom
The Kozlowski Bill Switch is amazing. There's so much you can do with it. Transpositions always playy well. A current personal favorite is Greg Wilson's Up Front and Back Down. This use of the switch justifies every fold, the presentation possibilties are hilarious, and the spectator is left with a nice souvenier.

Fraud, I think, is one of the single most amazing effects ever created. Think about if carefully. You borrow a bill and instantly have them sign it (and it never leaves their sight!). You do the trick, and hand them the altered bill to keep forever! I can't think of anything that could possibly leave a longer lasting impression.

Ghost Bills is probably the effect I perfom most often. It's definitley my favorite "Hey, show me a trick!" trick. An insanely visual, impossible penetration that uses their borrowed bills! The real strength of Ghost Bills however, from a magicians point of view, is that it is completely impromptu, requiring no set up at all. That combined with the visual nature of the effect make it one of my very favorites to perfrom.
van
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of van
Six-Bill Repeat is an oldie but goodie for a standup or parlor performance.

Van
Later Ya'll

Van
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Manchester, CT
2038 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I used to perform Cramped all the time, but I no longer do just because of pocket space prioritizing. The only bill routine I use in my strolling magic now is a simple bill switch of a one into a two dollar bill, but with a presentation that I've crafted that really sells it and gives it a purpose. I also used to perform Richard Sanders' Moving Day, from the Sankey Sanders Sessions. If it weren't for the reset value and having to borrow a bill to perform it, I would still be doing it. It's a terrific moving tear routine.
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1132 Posts

Profile of APC
When I made my first Bunny Bill, the appear only happens with a lot of pressure and doesn't look right...does this have to do with the fact that I used fake money they provided or is there some fold that should be different? Anyone know?
incompletefaro
View Profile
Regular user
bangalore, india
135 Posts

Profile of incompletefaro
Quote:
On 2007-02-04 23:02, baskitboy5 wrote:
I just purchased bunny bill manuscript for 9$ after watching Vinny's demo on MVD. Looks like such a great trick for kids and tips alike!

Could you please give me the link where you purchased the bunny bill manuscript.

Thanks in advance.
Sanjay Subramanyam
Chicagomagi
View Profile
New user
Riverside, IL
89 Posts

Profile of Chicagomagi
Everyone,
I can't believe I'm tipping this but...if you haven't yet, you need to purchase L&L's World's Greatest Magic - Money Magic DVD. This thing is unbeliveable! $20 gives you:

Be-switched - taught by Michael Ammar - Probably the best in the spectator's hands transposition effect ($1-$5) out there.

The Koslowski Bill Switch - taught by Jay Sankey - This is from one of the Sankey Best of DVDs where he does the switch using a bill with a moving hole. Say what you want about Sankey but he does a beautiful bill switch. He teaches the switch in detail and goes into some nuances that really sell it.

The Bunny Bill - They go on and on about how they're not teaching you the fold and you need to buy the manuscript but they pretty much teach it. Well over 10 minutes on the intracacies of the fold.

Paper to bill - Mark Leveridge - The classic Patrick Page effect which has since evolved to 2 dollar window, 3D Cash, Greed, etc. But with this version, the spectator can inspect the bill after the transpo!

Dan Harlan teaches a gaffless Pen-thru bill effect, a torn & restored effect, and an impromptu floating effect.

Plus additional effects by Scotty York, Jeff McBride, Michael Close, and Tom Mullica. I'm listing all this from memory so I may have missed something as well.

Take my advice - BUY THIS DVD!!
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Torn and Restored 2000 by Ken Kuroki. You guys just don't know how good this looks until you see it performed.

Best,
msc455magic
blink_inc
View Profile
Loyal user
Hamilton
278 Posts

Profile of blink_inc
All three I do are Sankey:

Fan Mail - two autographs transpose
0 dollar bill switch - two names transpose
Travel Expenses - four holes move to one corner
I am a Sankey addict....please, help me!

My name is Will, my company is Blink, an experience in transposition.
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1132 Posts

Profile of APC
I got bunny bill from hocus-pocus.com
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
I like misled by timothy wenk
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
incompletefaro
View Profile
Regular user
bangalore, india
135 Posts

Profile of incompletefaro
Quote:
On 2007-02-23 23:37, baskitboy5 wrote:
I got bunny bill from hocus-pocus.com

Thanks !
Sanjay Subramanyam
football2136
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of football2136
I prefer performing greed and the juan pablo 100 dollar bill switch.
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Impromptu Nightshades by Paul Harris.
Atom3581
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Atom3581
Counterfeit Spectator by Paul Harris
Where's George by ?
Ghost Bills by Andrew Mayne
My top 3
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Top 3
1. Travelling Expense Jay Sankey
2. Classic 1 to 100 bill switch
3. Juan Pablo 100 Bill Switch
waianaeboy702
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of waianaeboy702
Hypno bill is the cleanest visual bill transposition. I use a $1 and $100

Does anyone know what happened to the guy who wrote the manuscript?
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1239 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Does anyone use the old brass bill tube anymore? Still a great signed bill to impossible location effect.

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Top 3 effect with a bill?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL