The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Client requests a dvd of show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cesar Munoz
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Cesar Munoz
I will ocassionally video tape my show for quality control reasons. I just received an email from a client asking if she could purchase a copy of the recording from me. Is anyone selling video recordings of their shows? If so, what are you charging? Is there any reason why I wouldn't want to do this? At this particular party, the client seemed to be making their own video tape, I'm almost tempted to trade copies and ask for permission to use highlights on my website.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
If you have the capability, you might consider offering a video/DVD service with your party shows- you don't allow anyone else to tape your show, but if the client wishes, YOU will make a tape of the show and sell them a DVD/VHS and as many copies as the client wants to give to other parents whose children attended the show. As a rule, you should make this a private thing between you and just the people (or parents of the people) who are attending the show, so you don't have to get written permissions. The DVD/VHS contains your edited footage of the show, plus some footage showing how to make a balloon animal or how to do a simple trick, and naturally it contains a commercial with your contact info for any parents who see it who might want to hire you.

Begin by charging just your expenses until you learn how to make a reasonably professional looking product and by then you will know what the market will bear.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Cesar Munoz
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Cesar Munoz
Those are some great suggestions--thanks a lot Spellbinder!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Client requests a dvd of show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL